mbrp - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 07:39 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
mbrp

i just installed a mbrp 4in turo back on my 02 and one my friends has one on his 01 and the sound is amazing and i was dissapointed on how myn sounds. it pretty much sounds like stock. I don't want to take the muffler off and i was wondering does it take a while for the muffler to get beat around to get a good sound?? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Is his straight piped? Does he or you have a chip? A large tip? All of these will make the exhaust louder.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:17 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

thats Ironic because a friend of mine has a 02, and I have a 01, and my turbo sounds way louder. Same exact MBRP 4 inch turbo back with the same muffler and a 5 inch tip. Mine sounded way burlier. what is the mileage difference on eachother odos? Oh and in my opinion, straight pipe is trash when you spent that much money on a nice exhaust. It wont lower you EGTs and you wont get any more performance. You will just have more turbo lag. And it will sound like a beater. <<<JUST MY OPINION>>> Not sure but my truck is pretty damn loud. Louder than my other buddy who opted for the MBRP straight pipe 4 inch kit. Could be because I have a pretty fresh reman??? not sure.

Last edited by OregonStroker; 06-24-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

Which way is your muffler installed? Inside the muffler has openings in the pipe. If installed with the openings toward the engine, it will be quieter - If the openings are toward the exhaust tip, it should be louder.

I installed mine with the openings toward the tip. I like the way it sounds. See sig...
Old 06-24-2009, 10:51 PM

alright myn has 70000 and i think his is over 120000 miles. ill pull muffler off and see about turning it around.... when we put it on both ways looked the same but ill take another look thanks guys..
Old 06-24-2009, 10:56 PM

has any of you guys ran a diamond eye performance exhaust system on your trucks?
Old 06-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

The muffler is designed for the exhaust flow to go over the the spiraled louvers, not into them. Installing the muffler backwards will make it sound quieter. The system will get a little louder as time goes on as the packing material in the muffler gets broke in, but not much.

Diamond Eye make a nice system and are a little quieter then MBRP due to the larger muffler.
Old 06-26-2009, 04:55 PM

does anyone know where i can buy just the mbrp muffler? not the exhaust pipe just the muffler... thanks
Old 06-28-2009, 06:20 AM
Semper Fi

I have a brand new unused 4" mbrp muffler, I have my exhaust straight piped. I don't mind the loud noise or whistle, I do turn heads sometimes. I don't know where you can buy just a muffler but I'd be willing to part with mine cuz its just sitting in my garage. If you want it just pm me any offer, just whatever it is make sure it will cover shipping because its pretty heavy. I don't care what I get for it.

Last edited by nastea; 06-28-2009 at 06:23 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to BOSS
I have an MBRP 4in Duals and when I first had it installed it was not that loud it had a nice rumble to it. But now that I have had it for about 30000 miles on my truck it sound great its really loud. I will put it this way. You will wake up the neighbors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.