So my work gave me a 2007 4X4 F-250 V10 Triton... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So my work gave me a 2007 4X4 F-250 V10 Triton...

Wow, that thing is a GAS PIG! I know I am preaching to the choir, but STAY AWAY!!! I have driven it about 500 miles so far, and I have averaged a whopping 11 MPG with hardly anything in the truck, and definitely not towing with it. Most of those miles are on the highway too! Don't get me wrong, when I hammer down on it, it goes and revs like crazy but it doesn't pull anything like my 7.3 powerstroke does. I was slightly worried that I might like my newer truck better than the old 2000 I have, but that is far from being the case. That 7.3 pulls harder, sings a nicer song and gets waaaay better mileage! I can't believe my company wouldn't pay the few extra bucks for powerstrokes to save money on fuel. I keep joking with the wife that we are going to hook the two trucks together and she drive the 'stroke and I drive the company rig and we would settle any questions as to who rules the driveway.
Scott
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2009, 01:18 PM

haha thanks for that piontless thread! jk. thats funny though becuse my dad has two
v-10's and they get the same mileage as my 7.3... bout 17-19 mpg. idk crazy
Old 06-20-2009, 09:02 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcducote View Post
haha thanks for that piontless thread! jk. thats funny though becuse my dad has two
v-10's and they get the same mileage as my 7.3... bout 17-19 mpg. idk crazy
lol, what when he is rolling down hill in neutral with a tail wind? i would bet all the money i own that a super duty v10 could never ever see 17 mpg except for in the situation i discribed.. i had an 06 f150 crew 4x4 with the 5.4 and the max i could see was 15 mpg highway and 11 mpg city driving pretty easy. the v10 is alot more motor in alot more truck!
Old 06-21-2009, 04:06 AM

haha thats funny, hey I have the same broken-into door lock mod too.... took radio amp, and my ratchet wrenches
Old 06-21-2009, 04:27 AM
one day at a time

I'm not a fan of the V10 trucks either, but a lot of contracting companies use them exclusively vs. the powerstroke. Reason being is if they spend a lot of time working in rural areas gas pumps are a lot more prevelant than diesel pumps...

They do pull a load pretty well for a gasser, but not near as good as the diesels do.
Old 06-21-2009, 05:03 AM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That wouldn't even be a competition!
Old 06-21-2009, 05:22 AM
Banned

Those V-10s are dogs. I used to work at a construction company that had a F450 dump truck. It got 9 mpg unloaded and 6-7 loaded . It hardly had any power too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.