Found an 2002 f350 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Found an 2002 f350

Found a 2002 F350 Lariat 4x4 long bed crew cab with an 8in lift not sure what brand and only 55,000 miles with clean title at a dealer for 19k which seeks like an amazing deal. I've read that the engine is strong but the tranny is so-so. If I ever did an mode it would be intake, tubo back exhaust, and a tuner. My question is do I need to upgrade anything else to keep it reliable? My wife likes the 05 and up models as do I but I know the 6.0 needs head studs and egr delete to stay reliable with those mods but if the 7.3 needs stuff like that too than I don't know. So what's your guys input? Any recomendations for the tuner? I hear all the 6.0 guys like sct.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Anyone????
Old 06-13-2009, 09:18 AM
<<---"Shadow"---

Send a message via Yahoo to sea71
What are you planning to do with the truck? Are you looking to make some serious power? Are you looking for a tow rig? Is the lifted truck what youre after,or are you gonna go back down to stock?
Old 06-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

19k is not a good price.
Old 06-13-2009, 09:37 AM
wriott

if all you are gonna do is put a chip, intake and exhaust then the truck will be fine. if you romp on it all the time then yes the trans is the weak link. if your wife likes the 05+ trucks the front end and interior can be swapped into the earlier trucks (thats what im doing)
Old 06-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I don't mind that it is lifted and will keep it that way. It will serve for towing my wife's mobile dog grooming trailer when ever her suburban is in the shop but I will be the main driver as I will be using the bed to keep my mobile detailing supplies and we are getting a toy hauler next year. I don't care to be the fastest but some additional power would be nice. I though 19k for a fully loaded one would be a great deal just because all the 05's I've been looking at have over 70k miles and are like 24k and up. What do you guys think this truck is worth? What should I look for when popping the hood?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.