Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Does anybody make...

673 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Heavy_GD 
#1 ·
...a replacement "LARIAT" domed decal to go on the fender badges? Every one I see has the black spots of mold or whatever under them even with otherwise perfect badges and unless you want to pay for new fender badges that are gonna do the same thing, you're stuck with it. I'd Iike to reproduce them, or find a way to replace the "LARIAT" decal with an illuminated replacement similar to the lighted badges for the newer trucks. I think it would be cool to offer them in colors other than red, with or without "LARIAT" script, maybe some other cool words like "DIESEL", "TURBO", "7.3 L" "6.0 L" or "FORD", and possibly have them flash with the turn signals for a side warning to other, inferior, automobiles... :)

#2 ·
There are places that make custom 05-07 style badges, but they are pricey. The badges aren't too expensive from the dealer...

#3 ·
Nah, I'm looking for the 99-04 almost rectangular LARIAT decal that's like an old school puffy sticker, set in the corner of the fender badges. I may just be coming up with something new and different, but subtle.

#4 ·
Got a picture of what youre talking about? I cant picture it

#5 · (Edited)
This is the emblem with the moldy-spotty LARIAT decal... The other side looks the same and about every 99-04 does too. Used replacements for 10-20 bucks each usually have the same mold and brand new ones will likely do the same. It's a recurring year-specific thing kinda like the peeling paint that plagues the fender and tailgate badges of the 05-07 trucks and the fading/peeling FORD grille emblems of the 05-up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.