Serving Our Country!
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Start-up cycle for KOEO?
When I place the key to the RUN position... what cycle is the truck going through to prepare to start? If anybody has any specifics, I would appreciate them. ...What does the PCM energize itself and what simply is relayed to the ignition? In what order are these things done?
If the PCM fails in this start-up sequence ... would that prevent the fuel pump from running? The glow plug relay from switching? The CEL from clearing?
What should I suspect if the Water in Fuel indicator never comes on (and clears), the Glow Plug light stays on, the CEL stays on, the fuel pump never runs, and a code reader cannot connect?
And then sometimes, the truck goes through a normal starting sequence and will continue to run forever once its actually running.
2002 F-250 Lariat Extended Cab Long Bed, 7.3L, Auto, 4x4
- 6" BDS Suspension lift (All spring)
- Driveshaft Specialist 1 piece conversion
- 315/75R16 BFG A/Ts
- DP-Tuner F6
- DIESELSITE CPR Fuel System
- Turbo-Master Wastegate Controller
- Donaldson AIS Intake w/ "Zoodad" and AIH Delete
- MBRP 4" T304 Exhaust
- Coolant filter, Evans NPG+ Coolant, 203* Thermostat and Billet Housing
- Factory Tech Valve Body
- ISSPRO Gauges (Boost, Pyro, Trans)