Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

hpop fitting leak

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  stratsg 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, new to the forum
I have a 03 F350 with the 7.3 and 110,000 on the milage, i noticed an oil leak under the truck that i would of sworn it was from the main but after getting on the forum and reading more come to find out it was coming from the hpop, it was'nt leaking at the quike connect but from the fitting itself going into the hpop, if you were standing infront of the truck it was the front line going in the hpop were their are two of them, I just tighten it and no more leaking,i've never put a synthitic oil in her until this last oil change which i have about 4 thousand on this oil , it is a synthitic blend. I have heard that if you start putting a synthitic oil after 100,000 it could start causeing gasket and seal leaks.If so i would like to hear some input
Thanks

#2 ·
Im surprised that it quit. I have changed that o-ring 3 times on mine. You more than likely have a busted o-ring there. They are sold in packs of 3 at the dealership. 2 for the fittings you mentioned, and 1 for the plug on the back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.