Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

99 Bumper with 05 grille and lights !

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  builtnotbought 
#1 ·
Hey ! Anybody done this before, installed 05-07 grille and lights keeping their 99 bumper ? pics would be great, i find mine have a lot of space between the headlights and the bumper and my grille is pretty much cut as thin as it can be !

#8 ·
I have had all the versions on my truck. Right now I have the 05 type headlights and 05 grill with the 2000 bumper, prior to this I had the 03 headlights. The 05 lights use different bulbs and are a little brighter but they are a lot more work to install. The 03's bolt right in and you are done in 15 min. If you go with the 05 headlights make sure you get the harness with relays from difuser.com , don't just use the pigtails!! I have seen several of the pigtails melt the housings. The grill will require cutting, there is a guy on Ebay who cuts them with a CNC machine.

NCH

#9 ·
Just finished mine today, here is how it looks like ! Quite a bit of work but well worth it ! i am waiting on my front grille and tailgate emblem, that is why i just made me a quick international emblem to hide the holes lol !

#10 · (Edited)
Chrome grill and bumper, I woulda went with the chrome lights too... lights look outta place... just my 2 cents...

But over all it's a sharp lookin' truck, and my favorite color... what size tires you runnin'?

I just put the Harley (black) lights on my truck, but I also painted my grill black, and plan to build a HEAVY DUTY bumper/brush guard that will also be black...

This is the '00 grill and bumper, '05 headlights

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.