Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

99 grill & light conversions

1K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  00Turbo444 
#1 ·
wanting to change my headlights because ther faded prettybad and have noticed the all clear (no orange lenses)
on other 99 trucks and just finished watching the cool 99 to 05 grill conversion on the mod forum SOOO with 99 to 05 grill coversion what options does one have on head lights PICTURES WOULD BEGREAT:nod::thumb:

#5 ·
I don't really understand your question but here's my 99 F250 with 05+ front end if that's what you're after....

After

that what I was after. I was talking about the mod in the tech forum were they CUT the grill to fit then theres no need to change the bumper I guess? your lights are exac tly what I whant , there awsome did you have to modifie anything to make the lights fit? and thanks fo the pictures

#8 ·
The 03 style lights are also clear and bolt right in, takes a few minutes and you are done, they also use the same bulbs. The 05 headlights use a different bulb and require a new header panel or cut the one you have. I cut mine, it is a lot more work and to be honest I would have probably stuck with the 03 lights if I would have known. I went from the 2000 lights to the 03 when they came out in 02, and then I switched to the 05 style recently. If you go with the 05 make sure you use the harness with the relays from dfuser. The pigtails have caused several melted housings!!

NCH

#9 ·
good to know it pays to do alittle homework (its going to be one of my winter projects)I'll check out the 03 front ends and lights, really like the 05 grill THANKS NCH:thumb:
thanks

#13 ·
Those look like the stock 03 lights, the 05's have the clear corner light. Did you check the pics in my sig? I should have pics of it with the 03 lights and 05 grill, if not let me know and I will find one.

NCH

#14 ·
yep seen the sig,looks good. my lights have that dull whitish look drives me crazy. 03 just bolten right in sounds GOOD to me Ireally like the 05 grill look.
Im going to do some price shoping and wiegh my option and get it done this winter. your help to ALL was greatly appr:thumb:eciated :beer: I'll post the completion on THIS thread.:nod:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.