Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Help me decide between two trucks

2K views 34 replies 17 participants last post by  abbe 
#1 ·
Hey, I've been reading this forum for a few months now and just joined. I think I've narrowed my search down to two trucks. The first one: 2001 Ford F350 $8,995 - Corona Auto Wholesale - Corona, CA 92880 Dealer) This one the dealer is going to put on towing mirrors and a stock rear bumper for me.

This is the other one: Cars.com: 1999 Ford F250 XLT This dealer is putting towing mirrors on for me as well.

I live in Rhode Island, so the one on NY would be more convenient, but the one in California looks like a nicer truck to me. Do you think the one in California is worth the extra $1000 or so?

Thanks for all your input!

#2 ·
GET THE WHITE ONE!!!:woot:
:hehe:
Im sooo biased...

Seriously tho...Get Carfax and OASIS reports on them both, and decide from there. The white one has less mileage and a fancier trim package, but basically they are both the same truck....

#3 ·
I'd go for the white one, alot less miles

#6 ·
Stole the words right out of my head.

#7 ·
Thanks guys, I think I'm going to go for the white one. I was really hoping for a black one, but I think I can make the white one look pretty aggressive. Is anyone in the vicinity of Corona? I would be willing to paypal someone some money as a thank you for checking out the truck and making sure it's in good shape.

#10 ·
Er, is my sig pic showing??:rofl:
Oh, yeah.... Blizzards a sleeper.... Never mind...

#12 · (Edited)
Definitly the white one, but did anybody else notice the seats in that white truck? They look like 04 lariat seats to me with the seatbelt in the seat like that. I thought the 01's were off the roof like my 02 :dunno:

edit:
Nevermind, I guess its a crew cab vs x-cab thing. I just ebayed pictures of 01's and 02s and the extended cab trucks have almost totally different seats than the crew cabs - weird.

#13 ·
Go for the white one,i agree option are worth the extra grand. Blacks my favorite also but white is easier to keep clean and those dings and scratches you aquire over the years dont show as bad on awhite truck. keep surfen the org theres some badass white truck on here.:thumb:

#20 ·
There is standard 4X4 which is just 4X4. Then there is 4X4 Off-Road and that is 4X4 with steering stabalizer and skid plates. The 4X4 Off-Road was from the model year 99-02. FX4 is the same thing as the 4X4 Off-Road package but Ford started calling it FX4 on the 03 and up models and offered Rancho shocks.

#23 ·
wow, thanks for the knowledge! Learn something new everday. By the way, I gotta say, you guys are definitely the most friendly car forum I've ever been on. Thanks again.
Hey we all get by with a little help from our friends, plus diesel guys are cooler than gasser guys too!

#24 ·
Well I went and looked at that 01 in Corona is really rough. It's been painted twice. It's original color is red, then it was yellow, and now it's white and the paint job was bad. Just taped everything instead of removing interior parts. The paint has been rubbed off in a few places. The door dinger is stuck on when the door is open with or without the key in. The armrest is done and the passanger front seat belt clip has been chewed by a dog. The inside of the bed has dips in it and I saw signs of rust on the cab. The engine was freshly washed and the undercarrage has a black under coating on it. It started up just fine. I didn't test drive it though. I say get the other one. This one isn't worth it.

#34 ·
2005F250 you are the man. I really appreciate you going to check it out for me. You saved me a boatload of hassle.

00Turbo444 that truck looks really nice, but it's a little more than I wanted to spend. How negotiable do you think they would be on the price?
That truck 00Turbo444 posted up looks to be in way better condition. I believe that you get what you pay for. I bought the 02 in my sig for $16K in Feburary. It's a 02 F250 crewcab shortbed lariat 2wd with 51K miles at the time. Did I pay more than it's worth? I probably did but it's a clean truck and really good history on it but I have a nice truck and nothing needs to be done or repaired on it. I'm really happy with it and have no regrets about paying $16K for it after towing a F-550 400 miles this past weekend :woot:

#30 ·
From Rode Island I'd be looking south not north for a truck. I don't see any rust on that NY truck yet but if it's spent it's whole life here it's either got rust you can't see or it's been fixed once. Either way you'll be seeing it soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.