Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

vacation satisfaction

604 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  whitebuffalo 
#1 ·
I'm back, went south to florida logged in almost 3000 miles and averaged about 12-5 MPG, pulling about 9000lbs, mostly between 65 and 75MPH the only change on this truck are trans and EGT gauges and a SCT tuner with boxed tunes, I averaged between 600 to 800 degrees with it peaking to 1100 on the steep grades, the only trouble i had was my AC clutch is not always engageing, this truck also has 260,000 miles early 99. I am happy with the results, this is my seventh ford truck and my first diesel.:icon_ford::)

#2 ·
wow,thats alot of miles for a vacation.also real good mpg at that weight.glad you made it there and back with no problems.how did it pull the hills? how was it at maintaining speed with 9k?also stick or auto?

#3 ·
the truck is an automatic, as far as maintaining speed my only issue was a tire vibration i would get at about 80, it pulled strong uphill until i started backing out of it due to my concern with EGT's, probably just being over cautious, before my next trip i want to work on lowering the temps, IE new exhaust and intake. for now i am extremely pleased with my results.:icon_ford:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.