Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Injectors

620 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  601stroker 
#1 ·
My 99 f250 has 336,000 on it and still has original injectors.. it has a rough idle (it only does it occasionally but getting worse) and i was told it was an injector is this my problem and if so ... which brand injector should i go with and should i buy bigger injectors... if i go bigger wat else should i change to avoid futher problems:dunno: my first diesel im learning alot from this forum but still no diesel mechanic

#5 ·
you gotta search around and find a shop that can do it before you buy the injectors. It may be possible you have a weak cylinder. not likely but it is possible. does blow blue/white smoke at idle? does it burn oil?

#7 ·
sounds like she is healthy man. you can send your stockers in and have them rebuilt. you can go stock, or a "stage 1" rebuild. stage 2 would be cool but you may see high EGTs. stage 3 you need big oil. If I were you i'd do the stage 1. It will give you good performance but will still be very driveable and get decent mileage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.