Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

GOT MY TRUCK TODAY!!!

2K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  devo 
#1 ·
got my first powerstroke and first diesel today. Its a 2001 Crew Cab F-250 Lariat 4x4 with 164k miles on it. The tires are 315/75 r 16 (35's) and the rub up front because it sits a little low. What is a good leveling kit?

thanks

-Tyler

#3 ·
DO NOT BUY "MINI SPRINGS". Get a shackle leveling kit, or full spring packs. Youll thank me later. Add a leafs are a second choice, but stiffen the front suspension significantly, making it rather jarring. Welcome to the compression combustion society!

#12 ·
Ok first, by mini spring packs I mean them short lil slabs of steel that some companies use, where the longest one is only like eight or ten inches long, stepping down to like four inches long. Therll usually be four or six "Springs" in a pack. These are nothing more than blocks for the front end, and I have first hand experience in the trouble they cause eventually, because they separate the front axle from the main spring pack.

http://www.donahoeracing.com/images/products/2_sdkit550.jpg

These. Dont do em, or anything like em. They are NOT the way to level your truck.

#18 ·
No, the reverse bend in the front springs is totally normal. Add shackles to the stock springs, or AALs, or pony up the cash for a after market full leaf pack.

#21 ·
Welcome to the ORG man.:icon_ford: Its the best diesel site there is!:thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.