Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Buying a 01 psd

528 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  southrnpryd 
#1 ·
I am planning on buying a 2001 crew cab 4wd f250 this weekend. Anything I should look for, good or bad? I plan on buying a Tony Wildman chip with gauges and a straight pipe and doing a diy intake. Advice would be greatly appreciated thanks ahead of time.

-tyler

#2 ·
Hey Tyler - Glad 2 have U join up! R U new to diesels?

Kind of the normal stuff - look for rust, oil/fluid leaks, hose/belts. Drive to see how it accelerates / brakes. Does it track straight while going down the road?

If you're getting it from a dealer, ask what was done to it. Definitely ask for a CARFAX report.

#4 ·
Ive been a member for over a year now just reading stuff because I've always wanted a PSD, so I've made up my mind what I want to do. Finally sold my toyota to get an F250. I am new to diesels, I don't pull too much so I'm not real worried about beefing the truck up really just looking for economy right now and definitely some power down the road when I have more money. thanks for the help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.