Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

bad fule leak.

900 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  symbols 
#1 ·
it is a 2001 7.3. top of the valley is dry no fule in there but after 5 min of run time it starts to leak out of the back of the motor and around the bellhousing on the pasenger side into the tork cover and out of the tork drain hole. i can not see whare this leak is coming from. is ther return lines in the back of the head? it is not leaking from the fule filter area up top like i said the valley of the motor is dry and it allways take 5 min or so to start leaking out. any light on this mater would be hepfull thanks T

#4 ·
I think if you have a stock truck it's just a plug but if you have a regulated return then you'll have fuel lines going to the back. Either way there is a way for your truck to leak fuel from the back of the heads

#6 ·
You can get to it without doing that. It's on the valley side of the head facing the valley. I did not have to take the downpipe off to get to it when I did the regulated return. If you look to the left of my regulator you'll see a stainless braided line. It goes straight back to that plug or whatever is back there I can't remember for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.