Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tire Size

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  kevg157 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what the largest size tire I can run without problems on a 2001 F250, stock suspension?
I was looking at maybe a 20"
Thanks for any help.
Sean

#3 ·
I agree. 33's no problem. If you want 35", then you would really want to go with at least a 2" leveling kit.

#5 ·
I'm a new powerstroke owner myself. 2000 short bed. I put 33's on it with stock supension and no rubs any where. My rims are 16.5x9.75 which nobody wants anymore. I think the main thing to look for is the back space for our older superdutys. We have leave springs to clear while turning. The 05 and newer have coil springs. The newer factory 18" and 20" wheels are made these later model trucks so if you use them on 04 on down with oversize tires, I think they'll rub on the springs. My rims have 4 5/8" backspace which is about max in my opinion with -22mm off set. Get some 20's with 4.5" backspace with a negative off set and it should be fine. But before you do, wait until someone who knows for sure check in here.:icon_ford:

#6 ·
The only rubbing I've seen from 33" tires was on a 14.5 tire on 12" rims and they rubbed on the lower valence. 35's CAN rub on the springs if you dont re adjust the bump stop bolt on the knuckle (I've heard some dont have this, dont know if its true or not, never really looked) but it limits your turn radius more for leaf springs. Also depends on how wide the tires are and like he^ said, the back spacing on the wheels. Dont know anything about the new coils.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.