Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Lack of Power?

613 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Austinj427 
#1 ·
I have a 2002 F350 7.3l Dually with K&N Intake and 4 1/2" Magnaflow exhaust. Just had to have the tranny replaced and I don't know if I noticed before or not, but it doesn't seem to produce any pulling power until the rpm's hit 2750-3000. Then the transmission shifts and the truck seems to lug until it again get to the 2750-3000rpm range then it seems like it'll pull a house down. Is this normal? I was using a Hyper tech programmer in it and detuned it because of the weight of the trailer I started pulling. Any help?

Thanks,
Robert

#2 ·
Just put your chip on high performance. The chip (when setting weight of trailer) sometimes can make it worse. I got a 100 hp super chip and when I pull I put it on high performance. It has a tow safe switch but it actually pulls better with the hp. The tow safe just puts a governor on the speed odometer or what ever its called

#3 ·
The chip asks if the tow weight is greater then 6000#, then wants me to use the tow safe stage and that is where it doesn't seem to have nay power until about 2700RPM's. What do the egt's do when you have it in High performance and towing? What is the weight that you towing? Sometimes I'm towing about 14,000#

Robert

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.