Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

exhaust ?

671 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  2fast2reid 
#1 ·
im looking to get an exhaust for my 03 7.3. i dont know whether to get a 4 or 5inch. what are the benefits for either? is one louder than the other? Im going to do straight pipe and want it loud. The only mod im gonna do is an edge juice with attitude.

#2 ·
From what I read anything over 4" isn't necessary without big horsepower. It also seems that the 5" has a different sound to it that seems to be 50/50 on whether or not people like the sound. I chose to go with the 4" since the rigs I've heard running them have been plenty loud. Just my 2 cents.

#5 ·
5" has a somewhat deeper tone, but I would not say its louder. A 7.3 will never be "loud". The turbo eats up 80% of the sound.

4" turbo back system is fine. About $300 bucks from most places.

#7 ·
I ran a 5" Hypermax for 5-6 years on my '99 and loved it I always got compliments.....now its a common exhaust so see it seems. The sound is great over the 4" Magnaflow IMO. Much deeper sound throaty sound if you ask me!

Jake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.