Random Question....... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 05:14 PM
I am that hot

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to superxcrewfx4 Send a message via Yahoo to superxcrewfx4
Random Question.......

Well, I have had my truck for a while now and I have been around diesels for a long time. I dont think I have a very good understanding of some things. I got the truck with 204k on it, I now have 209k. The truck has been great. I have only had to replace one set of ball joints, they were original, a leaking transmission cooler line and maybe something else.

The truck came with a New Turbo done at 134k, half the ball joints at 134k, Trans Rebuild at 155k and new batteries at 175k. Right before I got it the following things were replaced. All Glow Plugs, Injection Pump, Injection Control Pressure Regulator, Fuel Filter Assembly, Camshaft Sensor and I was advised by the last owner the number 1 and 8 injectors, this was all done at 190k....

I have since installed a TW 6 position chip which seems to be doing well, I have taken off the K&N Filter and installed the NAPA filter and my own assembly for the hosing. I have changed the transmission fluid, transfer case fluid, rear fluid, soon to do the antifreeze when I change the upper hose and belt and stuff.

Can running the chip really do anything bad to my truck. I have all the gauges and they all read normal and my engine has no blowby, so can anything with the engine really go? It always starts and runs great... Can the injectors fail due to using the chip or can they fail just because they are old?? I dont really understand how the chip works and how it makes more fuel get injected or smoke come out. I keep trying to research but cannot get a clear answer.

If someone can just give me an insight on how things work that would be great. The truck is awesome inside and out, no rust on or under the truck and it just runs great.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2009, 05:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

well from what i know (not much) but really with the chip the only thing you have to worry about is the transmission. The engine should be fine.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:22 PM
I am that hot

Send a message via AIM to superxcrewfx4 Send a message via Yahoo to superxcrewfx4
That is kind of what I was thinking, but since it was rebuilt I figure it should be fine for now. I just dont understand how long the engines last, everyone says a long time, I figure since mine seems to be in good shape that I should be good for a long time.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:25 PM

99 yea the 7.3 you will be good for sure. The way the chips work is it just changes the different parameters do add more fuel high pressure oil etc. as well as you line pressure in your transmission.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:27 PM
I am that hot

I drive on the street setting for now, not for the smoke or power but rather that it shifts very smooth. I am sending the chip back for a reburn to take care of the daily and economy settings. I wasnt sure if I was doing damage using that setting, it has a ton of power and smokes alot.
Old 04-11-2009, 05:31 PM
I am that hot

may I ask why you did head studs?
Old 04-11-2009, 05:35 PM

my truck is slowly getting built up. i went trans turbo then studs. high rev valve kit is coming next and then injectors. thats the only reason. just slowly building a bullet proof truck.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:04 AM
I am that hot

Thats cool, I dont think I can afford to do that for a while lol...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.