Join Date: Mar 2009
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New to PSD and already loving it, but have a million questons!
Howdy all, I just got my first 7.3l PSD, 2001 Crew Cab Lariat 4X4! The truck currently has a AFE intake, and an EDGE programmer. I will be changing to a DP or TW chip, as soon as I can decide which one. What else do you guys do for "basic" bolt-ons? Like what exhaust is recommended? I am not out to win drag races, but I do want to surprise a few of the imports out there, or at least blip some smoke in their face if they piss me off, and of course the best mpg as possible (I know it is a big truck).
Some things on the truck have been told to me, but I have not been able to verify, hopefully some of you will know:
1. I have the towing pkg, so I have a 2" lift already?
2. The truck has a "thud" from the front when going over bumps. Someone told me that this is because they use the same shock mounting as the gas trucks and with the diesel they wear out. Is this true, and what do I need to replace to fix it.
3. The '08 Superduty Tailgate will bolt right on?
Some other questions I had were:
1. What is a good additional 2" lift/Leveling kit (if my truck already has a factory 2" lift...see above question)
2. What (if any) gauges should I add? If I added Stg I turbo from Turbocharges.com, Exhaust/Intake with a chip.
3. What is a good shock upgrade, for ride comfort?
4. Who are the most popular websites for parts and upgrades? There are a lot of vendors here....who do you like and why?
Sorry for bombarding you will all my noob questions, I am just excited about my new truck, and I have to tinker with whatever vehicle I own!