Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Test drove nice 2001 7.3

963 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  njjeep 
#1 ·
Went to the local dealership and test drove this nice 2001 F-350 crew cab long box lariat 7.3. It has a 6 in. lift, new 08 long bed, 35 toyo open country mt's, auto, fass 150 fuel system, ATS 75 hp injectors, turbonetics stg. 1 ball bearing turbo, ts 6 pos chip. Also has 180,000 on the clock. Truck runs awesome!! But the trans slips real bad between first and second and a little between second and third. The trans is completely stock never been rebuilt. The story on this truck is a guy brought it up from sterling heights and wanted all this work done to it and now he doesn' want to pay for it so the dealership is selling it for $18,900. I'll try and post some pics of it within the next couple of days.

#2 ·
Wow that sounds nice but alot of money for a truck with that many miles. I Love the 7.3 and would have bought another If I could have found a nice one. Instead I just bought an 05 c/c short box lariat with 6inch lift 37" tires nice exhaust with 80k miles on for $19,500 so they're way off on that price

#3 ·
Tell me about it. The owner of the dealership is a good family friend and he told me he was selling it for that price to get his money back out of the labor his shop put into it plus the new paint job.

#4 ·
yea but thats where you run into the problem. everyone always once to get there money back of what they put it. but it doesnt work that way. if i put some brand new injectors in i couldnt raise the price of my truck another 2 or 3 grand :dunno:

#5 ·
The lowest i got him to come down to was $15,900.

#7 ·
I've had people around town here tell me that truck makes over 600hp. :rofl::hehe::pointlaugh: Thats a load of bat sh!t!!!! If it was 600hp, i would have been all over this truck and sold my 6.0. But my 6.0 will stomp the crap out of it.

#9 ·
not really. this was a salesman at the same dealership and a couple of other people who test drove it. :hehe: but i was wonderin if they were drinkin though:stump:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.