Wheel bearing confusion.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Wheel bearing confusion....

I have a 99 F250 with a bad front left wheel bearing and am trying to figure out which bearing assy I need to order. I have 4 wheel ABS and everywhere I look for the correct bearing it states "built after 3/22/99". The sticker on my door jamb says 02/99.

515020 is listed on Advance Auto website with the "after 3/22/99". I'm told the difference is in the rotor. Advance also lists a bunch of other bearings when you search for front wheel bearing that are only 8-10 bucks each. What are these? Are these for the 99's built before 3/22/99?

Powerstrokeshop.com says I can either get the 515020KIT for $300 and order the newer rotor at $98 or use the old style at $347 plus the seals, studs and nuts and use the old rotor, obviously the first is the better deal.

Advance Auto lists a bunch of different rotors, the cheapest being 32 bucks and they all say they fit '99 strokes with VIN "F". Which position in th VIN would this 'F' be? If I ordered the newer style hub kit which rotor would I need from Advance?

PLEASE HELP!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Also, the bearing from Advance list as "Spicer 50 & 60 Axles" and listed as inner, outer, cup, and cone?? what are these for??

Can anyone point me in the direction where to decode my VIN?
Old 01-09-2007, 11:45 AM
Serving Our Country!

that part number that you listed is for the whole hub assembly at advanced i work there. what is it you excatly do you need. just the bearing itself. thanks
Old 01-09-2007, 11:46 AM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Unless you plan on upgrading both front rotors stay with your current ones, don't have one new style and one old style. I'd call powerstrokeshop back and just ask them to send out the wheel bearing package for YOUR specific truck NOT including the new rotor. I do believe your truck will need the older style wheel bearing. It's not tough, you can do it yourself no problem if you need help doing it send me or Marc a PM. Hopefully some others will chime in too!
Old 01-09-2007, 11:47 AM
International Threat

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokermann View Post
that part number that you listed is for the whole hub assembly at advanced i work there. what is it you excatly do you need. just the bearing itself. thanks
I don't believe you can buy JUST the bearing. You have to buy the hub assembly that includes the bearings. It's a simple take off and replace setup.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Serving Our Country!

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...pe=184&ptset=A

first when was your truuck built and also we have a hub that is nt515020. andi can get it for 170. let me know.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...pe=184&ptset=A

first when was your truuck built and also we have a hub that is nt515020. andi can get it for 170. let me know.
the sticker in the door jamb says 02/99. The part in the link is for the newer style hub bearing that requires the newer rotor.

Anyone know anything about the "spicer" bearings that are only 8-10 bucks?? I really want to know what these are for. This has become a real headache!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Serving Our Country!

sorry to tel ya but i just got off the phone with ford and they said yoiu will have to buy the whole hub assmebly and if you buy through for its 437 dollars and the part number is F81Z1104BH. also is it srw or drw. hope this helps
Old 01-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
sorry to tel ya but i just got off the phone with ford and they said yoiu will have to buy the whole hub assmebly and if you buy through for its 437 dollars and the part number is F81Z1104BH. also is it srw or drw. hope this helps
wow thanks for the help, its an 3/4 ton, so SRW.

So you can get the newer style hub assy for 170 each, how do I order? How much for matching rotors as well?

Thanks!!
Old 01-09-2007, 12:46 PM
Serving Our Country!

yes that is the new hubs for 3/22/99 i can't find the ones for 2/99 and i am looking for the rotors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.