Rust Protection - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2007, 07:34 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rust Protection

Any one heard of this company. I first saw it on the speed channel, I think it might have been on the my classic car show. I seem like a good company they got a model for everything. Its CounterAct Corrosion Protection Resources
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

CounterAct Electronic Rust Protection System - Corrosion Control

Ive heard little about this product and want to know if any members/tech have any real input on its effectivness?

its $500.00 Canadian or USD Im not sure. I actually heard about this product on the "Truck U" show on speed vision TV.

thanks,

Dom
Old 08-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Banned

Well I cant speak for ^that device, but my dad is an authorized dealer for The Rusterminator, and lets just say this. On an old beater car he had, a 1991 crown vic cop car, he installed the rusterminator. After something like 6 years of HARSH NY salty winters, there was minimal surface rust on the new exhaust, and the already-present rust holes were no bigger or weaker.

On his 2002 impala cop car, which has ALSO seen raggedy, salty NY winters has ZERO rust on it w/ the rusterminator.

Rusterminator actually guarantees your car w/ a new paint job that it wont rust thru (car has to be like a max of 5years old or something..)

And some more food for though; the US Navy uses a GARGANTUAN electronic rust disruptor on all their naval ships.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:02 PM
WNY Biodiesel Co-op

This is BS ,there are systems like this that the armed services use, but the voltage needed to produce any results that would keep a truck from rusting ( like 440 volts and 55 amps) could never be produced from a truck alternator and battery system. My brother -in -law paid 450$ for a similar system for his 06 Tundra ,when it was new. He has nice green and red lights that blink on and off, but it has yet to prevent any rust. He never had any other form of rust proofing done because he believed that this BS system would keep his truck rust free. Well guess what, the truck has been thru 2 exhaust system , shocks and numerous other parts destroyed by rust. He now believes that this may have had negative affects on his truck causing accelerated rusting. I have a '95 obs that I run WVO in a separate tank , anybody that has used WVO knows that its awfully hard to keep the oil from spilling all over the bed. The frame that the oil drips onto is like new condition, even after going through numerous Western New York winters coating the frame in salt to the point that its white. So don't waste your money on these BS systems. you will loose , the company will get rich and the rust will win. Just my 2 cents
Old 08-28-2009, 06:06 PM
Banned

Whereabouts in OP? I love OP man.. good place and good times.

BUT. The rusterminator my dad installs is only like 100$ or 200$ or some ****.. and there is a company guarantee. My dad told me that it needs to be installed in a very specific way or else it wont work.

My dad says there is some fine-print warranty info though. Supposedly these systems are supposed to prevent ROT and rust-THRU.. not necessarily surface rust.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:18 PM
WNY Biodiesel Co-op

Rust is rust , no matter how you slice it. If you let surface rust go, it will scale and accelerate beyond control. WVO is way cheaper , just spray it on before winter and you'll build up a layer that is soft and flexible and water proof. I live down the street from the Bills stadium. You can follow my biodiesel exhaust with your nose and it will take you to my door.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:20 PM
Banned

Good idea w/ the WVO.. but what about the body of the truck? Isn't going to do much good there.

But my grandparents used to live (and my dad all his life) right down the road from the stadium.. the road road kitty-corner to the 7-11 there.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to 03f250stroke
you may want to go check out the dodge forums..those guys might be able to help you with rust protection products
Old 08-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Banned

^Are you being serious?? I've seen more dodges rust out under 5 years old than I've seen anything. With OLDER fords being a close second. But modern Fords seems pretty good about rust.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03f250stroke View Post
you may want to go check out the dodge forums..those guys might be able to help you with rust protection products
HAHAHAHA,
85 305, Its a joke because of how much they rust, they all know the ones that obviously dont work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.