Australian F250 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 04:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Australian F250

I have a 2004 F250 with a 7.3 in it. They only offered the 7.3 or a smaller 6 cyl mann diesel motor here. My F250 has 180000kms on it has worked perfect till last week, when it started running funny at lower rpm. If its cold it will quit within 1 minute then usually a couple of times before it warms up. Some days works good some days doesn't. I have taken it to the local Ford dealer who can't get read any of the fault codes. We have changed the cam positioning sensor worked for a day then has started to run worse.

I have a 1999 F250 back in Canada with about the same Kms on it only ever replaced the CPS on it as well.

Any suggestions would be helpfull as there is only a couple thousand of these trucks in all of Australia and the mechanics here are not real switched on to wotking on them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2009, 06:31 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Any smoke or other symptoms?

How about:
- fuel filter
- air filter (any broken tabs on the filter housing or dirst beyond the filter?)
- how old/new is the oil
- what type of oil is being used (weight too)
- how cold is "cold"? (-10C?? 20C??)
Old 03-05-2009, 06:47 AM
I don't know nuttin....

I'll put my money on the injector wire harness under the valve cover.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

We changed the fuel filter, air filter, oil is Fuchs 15w40 changed within 2000kms ago have always used the same 15w40 oil since new.

Cold here is it never gets below freezing or snows. But seems it will quit exactly 1 minute after you first start it, then 5 minutes then might quit after its warm when you come to a corner and it is at a lower idle.

I haven't checked the wiring harness yet, just can't figure out why we can't read any of the codes.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

Have they checked the plug to the pcm?

Last edited by jbeasts10; 03-05-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I am trying to find a different mechanic to look at the truck, but there is no one in Western Australia I can find other than Ford that is willing to look at it. Trying to find a shop that sells code readers but no luck either. Any one bought one of those small hand held ones that run about $100.00
Old 03-06-2009, 05:40 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by hossdownunder View Post
I am trying to find a different mechanic to look at the truck, but there is no one in Western Australia I can find other than Ford that is willing to look at it. Trying to find a shop that sells code readers but no luck either. Any one bought one of those small hand held ones that run about $100.00
Those cheap ones dont read codes on our trucks. If you want one that works well check this out if you have a laptop pc Tools
Old 03-06-2009, 05:48 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossdownunder View Post
I dont think those cheap autozone code readers will do much for you. you need something like this AutoEnginuity® - OBD2 Scan Tool - Professional PC and PDA DiagnosticsTo really see whats going on with your truck

EDIT: oops looks like dave beat me to it I guess I should refresh my page more often
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.