Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Noising deadening post..round 2

804 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  layson 
#1 ·
Ok, after my post asking for some cheap input I'm going to approach few local tech shops about doing the deed for me.

Other than the firewall what are the areas to cover ? Floors, hood ?

Windshield :tard:

It seems from the product web sites that they all seem interested in Bass boosting...all I'm looking for is some engine noise silencing...

I'll probably walk the truck with a decibal meter at idle to see where the hot spots are but thet's a little tough to do going down the road.

#2 ·
Keep us updated! I was looking at covering the doors with some stuff to help the speakers sound better and then trying to cover as much of the firewall as I could. But ran out of money :(

#3 ·
If you have an auto, you can get the pannels that go under the dash for a X-car. I
have them in my F-series and they do help.

#4 ·
There is an asphalt based roofing material that works fairly well for sound deadening. You can buy it at home depot for cheap. It has an adhesive backing and conforms well to contours on the floor boards. We first removed the entire interior and applied this material to the entire floor boards. then we used a material called Jute that you can buy from any apolstry shop and applied one layer over the asphalt based roofing material. We used some spray glue to keep it from sliding around. This is the same stuff that is glued to the bottom of your carpets and is fairly thick.

We did something similar to the door panels. So far the material works awesome and quieted the truck down immensely. So far no negative effects in the truck.

I think my friend spent about 150 bucks for everything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.