Missed me?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2007, 08:33 AM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Missed me??

Got back to philly last night after 2 1/2 weeks of leave and have plenty to chat about. Truck did absolutely perfect the whole drive and even gave us some entertainment while in TX. To start, I tried stanadyne and Lucas fuel treatment on the way to TX. I got almost exactly 17.7mpg in every tank doing 72-73mph and the temps were about 25-30 degrees during night driving and 40s and 50s in the day. RPMs at this speed were about 2050-2100. When I finally made it to Arkansas I ran into a new CTD 2500 cc 4x4 w/ atleast a programmer and 5in exhaust(since it was blowin smoke, had Apillar gauges, and I could obviously see the stovepipe) that wanted to run. Long story short, my wife wokeup to me slowly getting pulled on: ( by a cummins that completely drowned the sound of my truck out @ about 90mph. When we slowed down I waived and accepted defeat(for now) and cruised on. Now for redemtion!!!! One day while in town, I ended up next to almost the exact same truck but nowhere near as loud with all the typical dodge/cummins is great stickers all over the back glass. I gave him some pipe and he looked over and said "Its slow" and smiled so I turned the chip up and we drove on and proceeded to get ahead of traffic. I got out of traffic first and waited for him and when he got out and to my bumper, he just layed into it so I followed suit and he made it next to me before the stroke made good boost and started pullin on him hard. It all started at about 50 and at about 95 and about 4-5 lengths back, he hit the brakes, got in my lane, and turned off. Redemption at last!!! My last part of this story is my dad who is the painter for my hometown Ford house and drives an 05 6.0 CC 4x4 told me to try ford's cetane booster on the way home and to tell him what I got. First tank I got 19mpg doin 67mph in about 45 degree weather. Second tank was about the same and the 3rd tank, we hit a warm front of about 70 degrees and I ended up getting 20.44mpg at 67mph. I was taching about 1930rpms at this speed, and yes I top off and manually figure my mileage. I got 519 miles out of 25.4 gallons. Dont know about yall, but this made me pretty excited. Cant wait till the spring to see what I average.

btw, I had my truck straight piped while home with the spare piece mbrp gives you so the system will fit CC LB's and holy crap does it sound better. Might be a lil loud for some but I love it! Cant say I envy straight piped CTD's soo much anymore: ) and its still almost silent while cruising down the highway with no load on her.

Last edited by payne5757; 01-06-2007 at 08:39 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2007, 08:38 AM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

Welcome back, man! Sounds like you had an exciting time. It's great when things go your way.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Welcome Back!!!
Old 01-06-2007, 10:03 AM
I don't know nuttin....

Thats good milage! Sounds like you had fun.... back!
Old 01-06-2007, 12:48 PM
Serving Our Country!

Thanks guys! Had alotta fun and now Im dredding going back to reality. BTW, me and my dad went from about a 5mph roll in the same lane with him following me and I got a lil bit of a jump and then he just stayed right on my butt. I expected this as he has an AFE stageII, turbo back 4", zoodad, and edge evolution w/ the high dollar gps monitor. Hes a one upper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.