Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

coolent refill?

831 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  NCHornet 
#1 ·
hey guys. I just noticed this morning my water pump is leaking:doh:. I am running to get some parts now to do this tom. It looks like i have orange coolant in there now? dex cool i assume? is that right? truck is a 99. and what other addictive do i need to put in with the coolant? thanks a lot

#2 ·
nevermind i lied lol the leak looked orange. but its green :)

#3 ·
Dont think the 99 can use the long life coolant. You will need to do some searching
to find the right stuff. I believe it is low silicate, not the normal stuff.. Then you will
need to go by Ford or IH to get the coolant additive. I think it is 2-3 bottles to get
it to the right mix.

#4 ·
99's take green, if it is a early 99 stayt with the green and add the SCA's until you test 1800-2000 ppm, and check every 6 months or 10K. If a late 99 do a proper flush and replace with a true ELC like the Fleetrite ELC. Good for 300K with no SCA testing needed. I would also add a coolant filter as well. That orange coolant isn't the proper coolant for your truck!!

NCH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.