Buought 99 PSD my first........... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Buought 99 PSD my first...........

I will pick it up Friday 99 F250 Crew CAb 4x4 7.3 Diesel SRW short bet AT.

OK guys this is my first PSD and I will be learning a lot more as far as motor is concern. I paid ok ready............$6500;Sweet for her she is dirty and needs to be detailed inside but had 202k miles and drove tight and has manual lock outs and everything shifted fine and blow by was normal for a diesel. It the guys daily driver and had a new job and just leased a new car so neede to move the truck. Right place right time. I will post pictures in a day or two.

One thing he did tell me was that it needed either glow plugs or the relay, that is what Ford told him. OK my question is ,,,,,where is the best place to get the glow plugs (motorcraft) correct. If I have to get the relay where is it located and where do I get it? Autoparts store?

Im going to be coming for you experts for questions and hope you all are ready for me to pick your brain.

I did notice the turbo on her was not that loud like others. I could here her spool up but, I think I need more power:love: Which is the best way ...a programmer? What is the normal sound for these turbos loud or quiet? They are waste gate correct?

Chach Ill be asking you guys more stuff down the road:thumbsup:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2009, 09:52 AM
The Screwy HEUI

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chachl3835 View Post
I will pick it up Friday 99 F250 Crew CAb 4x4 7.3 Diesel SRW short bet AT.

OK guys this is my first PSD and I will be learning a lot more as far as motor is concern. I paid ok ready............$6500;Sweet for her she is dirty and needs to be detailed inside but had 202k miles and drove tight and has manual lock outs and everything shifted fine and blow by was normal for a diesel. It the guys daily driver and had a new job and just leased a new car so neede to move the truck. Right place right time. I will post pictures in a day or two.

One thing he did tell me was that it needed either glow plugs or the relay, that is what Ford told him. OK my question is ,,,,,where is the best place to get the glow plugs (motorcraft) correct. If I have to get the relay where is it located and where do I get it? Autoparts store?

Im going to be coming for you experts for questions and hope you all are ready for me to pick your brain.

I did notice the turbo on her was not that loud like others. I could here her spool up but, I think I need more power:love: Which is the best way ...a programmer? What is the normal sound for these turbos loud or quiet? They are waste gate correct?

Chach Ill be asking you guys more stuff down the road:thumbsup:
I'd say MotorCraft would be your best bet on GPs, but someone might have a better suggestion. As for your turbo not being loud, you could always go for a foil delete & get your hands on a Wicked Wheel(unless it's an early '99, then you don't need to). For a GPR, the most popular model is from Stancor & you can order it online. I don't have a p/n for it & I'm not too sure of the price. If you're looking for more power, the best way to go is either a DP Tuner, or Tony Wilman chip. These are the 2 best chips/programmers you can buy on the market. Make sure if you do start modifying your rig that you get your hands on a Pyro, Boost, & Trans. temp. gauge. These are 3 BIG areas you need to keep your eye on when you start modifying your rig, so try to get these before you buy any other mods. If you do end up getting a chip/tuner before the gauges, I'd recommend not to stomp on it too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.