2000 250 with bad front bearing - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2000 250 with bad front bearing

I need info. My front wheel bearing is shot and I'm looking for a replacement on-line. Everything I see has the ABS feature, mine does not. Will an ABS version work? I have a 2000 250 Super Duty with the 7.3. Can these things be rebuilt (at home?) I only see hub assemblies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2009, 12:02 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Check the Motorcraft site. Pretty comprehensive. You can search by vehicle or VIN number. If it is a hub assembly type your stuck buying the whole assembly. To my knowledge they are not rebuildable.

Good luck!
Old 02-15-2009, 12:13 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLLING ROCK View Post
I need info. My front wheel bearing is shot and I'm looking for a replacement on-line. Everything I see has the ABS feature, mine does not. Will an ABS version work? I have a 2000 250 Super Duty with the 7.3. Can these things be rebuilt (at home?) I only see hub assemblies.
Check this website.

1A Auto: Aftermarket Auto Parts, Car Parts, Replacement Auto Body Parts, Truck Parts

You can get a pair of wheelbearing assemblies there for your truck. At the cost of one wheelbearing assembly from anywhere else. I have been running there wheel bearings for 2 years now with no problems.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
Check this website.

1A Auto: Aftermarket Auto Parts, Car Parts, Replacement Auto Body Parts, Truck Parts

You can get a pair of wheelbearing assemblies there for your truck. At the cost of one wheelbearing assembly from anywhere else. I have been running there wheel bearings for 2 years now with no problems.
X2 for this site. I just replaced both sides on my 02 4x4. Wasnt bad except for the Knuckle Hub Seal on the first side. Then I figured it out and the second side was a breeze.
Old 02-15-2009, 03:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks guys, I found the part at 1A Auto. Where would you advise me to get the seals? I think I am looking for F81Z-3254-CB and F81Z-1S175-HCA. I was gonna call the Dealer. In case you haven't figured it out, I am new to this Forum (and the net in general) but man it's a beautiful thing. I really appreciate the effort guys like you have put into this data base. I think I'm gonna through my Chilton's away!!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 04:07 PM

Well I got the yellow Vacuum o rings, the knuckle seals and the 4 knuckle studs (per side) from the dealer. The studs and the yellow rings are cheap but the knuckle seal are about 45 bucks each and that is in line with a few websites I looked at.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:34 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
The seal that costs 45 dollars is the vacuum seal. If you do not care about the auto locking hubs. Then you do not need to replace those seals.
Old 02-15-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcountrysg View Post
The seal that costs 45 dollars is the vacuum seal. If you do not care about the auto locking hubs. Then you do not need to replace those seals.
I dont comepletely agree with that statement. If your knuckle seal is worn it will allow dirt and water to enter the knuckle cavity and get into the needle bearings. That can ruin the stub axle and needle bearings. Look around for the special tool required to install it. It can be done without the tool.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:01 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to raptorian700
if your new bearing has abs and yours doesnt just cut the abs wire it will work just fine!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.