well i got a dang good deal - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
well i got a dang good deal

well i went to a local off road shop monday to get prices on a lift kit and to install it on my 02 f250..the guy behind the counter tells me hes got a used procomp 6 incher for 600 bucks..all i need to do is buy shocks..which is a deal in itself.

then i go back this morning to set up the appointment to put it in monday..and hes like..ohh ya remember that lift i sold ya..that was actually a 8 inch lift not a 6..hahaha..so i made out pretty darn good for 600 bucks if i say so myself!

and a local tire shop told me i can pick out any KMC XD series wheel and wrap them in 37inch toyo MTs for around 2300ish...another pretty good deal

so im excited to get this lift in

and i got a edge programmer in the mail yesterday to..and a quadzilla intake...MBRP exhaust is next!
sorry for the long post..just excited!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

What size wheels? I just got 20s and 35s and spent $2400 OTD w/ all the warranties etc etc.
Hate stupid people

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprocket1 View Post
well i went to a local off road shop monday to get prices on a lift kit and to install it on my 02 f250..the guy behind the counter tells me hes got a used procomp 6 incher for 600 bucks..all i need to do is buy shocks..which is a deal in itself.

then i go back this morning to set up the appointment to put it in monday..and hes like..ohh ya remember that lift i sold ya..that was actually a 8 inch lift not a 6..hahaha..so i made out pretty darn good for 600 bucks if i say so myself!

and a local tire shop told me i can pick out any KMC XD series wheel and wrap them in 37inch toyo MTs for around 2300ish...another pretty good deal

so im excited to get this lift in

and i got a edge programmer in the mail yesterday to..and a quadzilla intake...MBRP exhaust is next!
sorry for the long post..just excited!
if it was up to me and most others will agree, i'd get a refund on the Edge and get yourself a custom tuned chip and some gauges and your truck will run 10x's better and you won't need to replace your tranny
Ole White

Awesome deal on the lift but I'd cancel the order of the Edge and get a custom tuned DP-Tuner or Tony Wildman Chip it will be a night and day diff over the Edge and your motor and tranny will be much happier and last longer
Old 02-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

the price was 2500 for 37 inch tires on 20 inch wheels..and he said if i went with a 17 or 18 he'd knock qa few hundred off..so around 2300...and about the edge...ya i know it isnt the best one of the bunch...but im not looking for all out power really..i really like how it has the gauges on it already..and my buddy has one and loves it on his....the tranny i can see will need to be replaced anyways lol..so im not to concerned yet..but ill see how it does..and if i hate it..i can always sell it haha
Old 02-11-2009, 09:16 AM
Hate stupid people

don't worry about the "power" you won't get what the box says, the custom tuned chip will maximize the hp that your truck can produce as it sits now and will do it safer than the Edge will, plus it will tune to your tranny better for better shifting and a quicker response
Old 02-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

thanks for the info man..ill just have to see what happens..i already got the edge here..so ill give it a shot..and if its no good..then ill kick it to the curb lol
Old 02-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Nice score on your lift Sprocket1. Save yourself more money and put it on yourself.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

haha id like to put it on myself..my dads a diesel mechanic and stuff to..but we just moved into a new house in NC...and we dont have a lift or even jacks big enough to lift this heavy *** thing! haha...so the shop we bought it from were payin to do it..my dads been *****in about it cause hes never paid anyone to work on anything hes ever owned haha..but this time he just doesnt have the space or tools to do it right now..but everything else i wana do to it he will do!
Old 02-11-2009, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Rob Send a message via MSN to Rob Send a message via Skype™ to Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordpwrstroke7 View Post
What size wheels? I just got 20s and 35s and spent $2400 OTD w/ all the warranties etc etc.
what size lift do you have???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.