How embarrassing is this? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-10-2009, 04:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pasadena, TX
Posts: 6,505
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How embarrassing is this?

Ok. So I have a daycare next door to me and after they built some new houses on the other side they moved their stinky azz dumpster on my side because of accessibility issues. I can deal with the stench and I'm used to it now for the most part. What I can't deal with is waste management coming by at 4 am and dumping it 50 ft from my window. My neighbors and I have called and complained several times but it obviously hasn't worked. So when I got my unwelcomed wake up call this morning I decided I was going to give them a taste of their own medicine. So I drive by their shop about 6 am where there must have been about 50 people standing outside and let the train horns loose. Immediately after that my truck dies. So I'm sitting in front of their building with everyone that I just scared the piss out of staring at me while I'm trying to restart my truck

So I need help figuring this horn issue out. I've had this problem since I installed them. I've triple checked my wiring and nothing seems to be wrong there. I pulled the air actuator valve and replaced it with a test light and WHALA issue is gone. So I get them to send me another valve. I install it and same issue. So I get an Ingersall Rand valve from grainger and install it. Problem fixed. Fast forward 3 months to now and the issue is back. I don't blow any fuses and all I have to do is cycle the key and it restarts and runs fine until I push the button again.

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 02-10-2009, 04:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,540
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Serves you right!!!!!!

Man isn't that just a bad feeling when you do something and it back fires.

I don't know anything about train horns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 02-10-2009, 04:27 AM
Raging Lunatic

 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Posts: 8,804
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by symbols View Post
Ok. So I have a daycare next door to me and after they built some new houses on the other side they moved their stinky azz dumpster on my side because of accessibility issues. I can deal with the stench and I'm used to it now for the most part. What I can't deal with is waste management coming by at 4 am and dumping it 50 ft from my window. My neighbors and I have called and complained several times but it obviously hasn't worked. So when I got my unwelcomed wake up call this morning I decided I was going to give them a taste of their own medicine. So I drive by their shop about 6 am where there must have been about 50 people standing outside and let the train horns loose. Immediately after that my truck dies. So I'm sitting in front of their building with everyone that I just scared the piss out of staring at me while I'm trying to restart my truck

So I need help figuring this horn issue out. I've had this problem since I installed them. I've triple checked my wiring and nothing seems to be wrong there. I pulled the air actuator valve and replaced it with a test light and WHALA issue is gone. So I get them to send me another valve. I install it and same issue. So I get an Ingersall Rand valve from grainger and install it. Problem fixed. Fast forward 3 months to now and the issue is back. I don't blow any fuses and all I have to do is cycle the key and it restarts and runs fine until I push the button again.

Any ideas?
Can't help you with your issue, but thanks for the laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 02-10-2009, 04:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pasadena, TX
Posts: 6,505
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by szyd View Post
Serves you right!!!!!!

Man isn't that just a bad feeling when you do something and it back fires.

I don't know anything about train horns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw View Post
Can't help you with your issue, but thanks for the laugh.
you two are worthless..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 02-10-2009, 04:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: glenfield NY
Posts: 1,246
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
how do you have it ran? are you getting the juice straight off of the battery or from the fuse box??? if its in the fuse box it might be shorting out or something...try running it to the battery and connect it to that and see if it still does it or not i have mine running off the battery and i havent had any problems at all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 02-10-2009, 04:38 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Loudon, TN
Posts: 2,039
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thats a wierd issue, hope you get it resolved, where are you located at I have a friend way up in the Waste Management Company at they're corporate offices in Atlanta, GA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 02-10-2009, 04:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pasadena, TX
Posts: 6,505
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric99f250 View Post
how do you have it ran? are you getting the juice straight off of the battery or from the fuse box??? if its in the fuse box it might be shorting out or something...try running it to the battery and connect it to that and see if it still does it or not i have mine running off the battery and i havent had any problems at all
I have a separate fuse box for all of my aftermarket stuff. I have one large wire from the battery providing power to all of the stuff on that fuse block. It doesn't blow any fuses and I just have to cycle the key and it restarts like nothing ever happened

Last edited by symbols; 02-10-2009 at 04:45 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 02-10-2009, 04:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pasadena, TX
Posts: 6,505
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbsDieselPerformance View Post
Thats a wierd issue, hope you get it resolved, where are you located at I have a friend way up in the Waste Management Company at they're corporate offices in Atlanta, GA.
Pasadena, TX. The office by me is in Pasadena also on Pansy St. If you wouldn't mind let him know what is going on and see if he can get them to stop doing it. The daycare is of Kenswick Dr. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 02-10-2009, 04:42 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: glenfield NY
Posts: 1,246
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
hmm well just try that take the wire for the juice from the compressor and hook it directly to the battery its gotta be shorting out somewhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 02-10-2009, 04:57 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pasadena, TX
Posts: 6,505
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric99f250 View Post
hmm well just try that take the wire for the juice from the compressor and hook it directly to the battery its gotta be shorting out somewhere
It's not the compressor. The compressor comes on automatically and it's in the cab so I know when it's off or on. I've never had an issue while the compressor is running that I know of. Only when I push the horn button.

One thing I forgot to mention.... I use the same ground spot for all of my grounds so I tried moving it and it seemed to lesson the occurrence of the dying part but obviously the issue is still there.

It also doesn't die everytime. Sometimes it won't do anything and sometimes it will idle way down and almost die but still run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors