HELP!!! QUICK!! WONT START - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2009, 06:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to 03_Turbo7.3
HELP!!! QUICK!! WONT START

Drove awsome yesterday, no issues, got home last night shut her off as per usual, went ouside today so fire it up let the glow plugs turn off and went at her, no start, jsut turns over, was supposed to be at ford by 8am to get a cam sensor recall, i scanned with my edge and have 1 code p 1211, re tuned back to stock and tried again, nothing, called a few ford guys, checking fuel system as we speak, trying to get ford to give me a cam sensor and ill give them my old one, all guages read fine, i have oil pressure the second i start turning over, HELPPPPPP PLEASEEEEE

Bryce Dakin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2009, 06:12 AM
Mod Newbie

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03_Turbo7.3 View Post
Drove awsome yesterday, no issues, got home last night shut her off as per usual, went ouside today so fire it up let the glow plugs turn off and went at her, no start, jsut turns over, was supposed to be at ford by 8am to get a cam sensor recall, i scanned with my edge and have 1 code p 1211, re tuned back to stock and tried again, nothing, called a few ford guys, checking fuel system as we speak, trying to get ford to give me a cam sensor and ill give them my old one, all guages read fine, i have oil pressure the second i start turning over, HELPPPPPP PLEASEEEEE

Bryce Dakin
Is the tach jumping when cranking engine?
Old 02-05-2009, 06:13 AM

Oh man that sucks. Sounds like a cam sensor
Old 02-05-2009, 06:32 AM

on my way to ford, they agreed to release the sensor to me, god im pissed! lol
Old 02-05-2009, 07:27 AM

if it is the cps, stop cranking your engine, you'll overheat your starter, kill your batteries, i can't remeber excatly why, but you have to clear that code before your pcm will allow you to start
Old 02-05-2009, 04:36 PM

OK, replaced with new sensor, still no start, so i started my usally saying KISS ( Keep It Simple Stupid ) laugh all you want works awsome!, started at fuse's, power to everything no issues there, none are blown, hooked up booster cables from another truck, just so batteries wouldnt die, turned engine over again no start, removed fuel bowl and inspected ok, drained fuel bowl, went back to engine and cranked over a few more times, and again, inspected fuel bowl again and lots of fuel came out, so my pumps are ok, talked to a few ford guys and read up on Online Automotive Diagnostic & Repair Information for the Professional Automotive Technician and found code 1211 diag sheets, started reading through them and found ICP sensor if malfunction occurs engine will seize to operate and or start, need to bring home my ohm meter and test lights and start plugging away i guess, may have to replace an ICP sensor i was told, oil level is good, HPOP is leaking, i ahve the orings to fix it may have to do it this weekend, oil all over the back of engine..

ANY INPUT WOULD BE AWSOME!! thanks
Old 02-05-2009, 04:48 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I may be wrong but I heard it wont start if the ICP comes unplugged. The clip on my last PSD's ICP harness was broken and it would work it self loss once in a while!
Old 02-05-2009, 04:53 PM
duct tape & zip ties

Send a message via Yahoo to bigcountrysg
Was it plugged in, being in Alberta I am sure it is as cold there as it is here in Michigan. Just a thought, but I would plug it in for a 3 hours minimum then try to fire up the truck. If it starts up then you have a cold start issue. Maybe glowplugs maybe glow plug relay.

Is it trying to fire up at all or is it just cranking away.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:55 PM

how much oil is all over the back of the engine? Check the hpop fittings and backing plate, IPR might be bad, just a few ideas
Old 02-05-2009, 07:27 PM

theres over a liter of oil i bet sprayed around, i have the HPOP orings to replace all 3 the full TSB kit, the valley has lots of fresh oil in it and its all over the back of the engine and all over the tranny, most oil ive seen yet, does the line feeds for the turbo leak often? if so how hard are they to change ill do them at the same time, talked with a 7.3 mechanic went over a bunch of stuff, if i cant get it to work he said he would, i want to figure this out on my own i need the experiance it will make me stronger at what i do haha may sound dumb but i love this stuff, thank god work lent me a vehicle i have it till i get my truck fixed, so saturday i start ripping and tearing, any special tools ill need? im bringing home most my tools from work, here comes engine rip apart take 1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.