2" leveling kit.....alignment? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2" leveling kit.....alignment?

Hello everyone.I recently added the 2" front leveling kit to my '00 F-350 2wd dually.In the process i upgraded to 19.5" rims with 245 series tires.My front tires now have alot of positive camber and my stock shocks are extended all the way out.Have a few questions.Can anyone reccomend a longer shock for my application?Any idea if i will be able to align my front end with the "stock" adjustments or will i need a special camber kit or something?Most importantly,i live in the Winston-Salem,NC area and i'm having a hard time finding an alignment shop that will tackle a dually.Could someone in the area reccomend a good shop to go to?Thanks so much eveyone.I appreciate your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Super Duper Duty

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
check with scott from trucks unlimited he is from winston-salem
Old 02-05-2009, 02:39 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

I am just North of you in Mt Airy, Mt Airy Tire can handle a dually, they do all my work. I think truck alignment is $45. I hope you used a adjustable trac bar to put your axle back where it should be. Many say you don't need one with just a leveling kit, you do if you don't want your axle off center by 3/4". You probably noticed this during the install if you didn't use one. If not install the adjustable trac bar and then take it for a alignment.

NCH
Old 02-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks NCH.My truck is a 2wd,and i only messed with the front end.Does the front need an adjustable trac bar?I have alot of positive camber in the front end.That's my main concern.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Powerstroke Junkie

With a 2WD you should be okay, no axle to be off center!!
Old 02-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to Cj Ford Send a message via Yahoo to Cj Ford
you will need alignment cams to correct the camber ... I have the 2" leveling kit on my 2wd I used 2.5 degree cams ... your shocks shouldn't be bottomed out at ride height either... mine dont and they are stock
Old 02-06-2009, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj Ford View Post
you will need alignment cams to correct the camber ... I have the 2" leveling kit on my 2wd I used 2.5 degree cams ... your shocks shouldn't be bottomed out at ride height either... mine dont and they are stock
I just did this install as well and have the same issue. What are alignment cams? Do I need to take them in when I get the alignment? My stock shocks are not bottomed out at ride height either.
What kit did you install?
Old 02-06-2009, 09:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to Cj Ford Send a message via Yahoo to Cj Ford
the alignment shop will have them napa sells them also.. dont go buying them though, they come in different degrees and you wont know what ones/degree you will need to make it line up properly until they get it on the alignment rack and check it

I bought the daystar spacers

Last edited by Cj Ford; 02-06-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cj Ford View Post
the alignment shop will have them napa sells them also.. dont go buying them though, they come in different degrees and you wont know what ones/degree you will need to make it line up properly until they get it on the alignment rack and check it

I bought the daystar spacers

Thanks for the info. I have the same kit on a 2005 however when I placed the large washer back on the bottom there was a gap between it and the spring coil? It seems that yours sits flush against the coil. I tried it without the spacer stud and there is no way it will fit but the spacer stud seems to be to long. Did you have any issues? Also did you do the install? If so what is the best way to tighten that center bolt on the bottom? Thanks I jsut want to make sure I have it right.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I used these to correct my camber with my leveling kit on my 2WD. I just installed everything and took it to the alignment shop and everything worked out great =D

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.