Serving Our Country!
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel metering for fuel economy calculator?
My truck (2002 F-250 Lariat) has the fuel economy calculator in the over-head console. My question is, where/how is the fuel metering performed? I assume its not a flow detector pre-fuel bowl as the fuel bowl has the return path from its regulator ... is it calculated based on injection parameters (pulse-width, fuel press, HP oil press)?
What I am trying to get at is ... is a fuel leak at the fuel bowl contributing to a lower _displayed_ number? Or, is the way it is measured not affected by this fuel leak? I'd appreciate a response from someone who knows the specifics ... because this can be calculated in a way that both is affected or is not affected by a fuel leak.
2002 F-250 Lariat Extended Cab Long Bed, 7.3L, Auto, 4x4
- 6" BDS Suspension lift (All spring)
- 315/75R16 BFG A/Ts
- DP-Tuner F6
- DIESELSITE CPR Fuel System
- Turbo-Master Wastegate Controller
- Donaldson AIS Intake w/ "Zoodad" and AIH Delete
- MBRP 4" T304 Exhaust
- Coolant filter, Evans NPG+ Coolant, 203* Thermostat and Billet Housing
- Factory Tech Valve Body
- ISSPRO Gauges (Boost, Pyro, Trans)