VIAIR ONBOARD AIR - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
VIAIR ONBOARD AIR

whats up fellas. i just tried installing my new viair system today and im having troubles finding some places to mount the tank and compressor. does anyone know how or where to place these? i guess the compressor needs to be fairly close to the battery. oh and i dont know how to wire the incab switch to the ignition. posting some pictures on here would help out a ton. PLEASE HELP. need it for next weekend at the dunes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2009, 09:38 PM

well my buddy has train horns on his 250.. tank is mounted where the spare would go and the compresser on the frame go buy some extra wire and wire it that way you want the compressor to be close to the tank so it dose not have to work to make the air then move it from the front of your truck to the back... i have a bagged GMC Sonoma and unless you get a belt drivin compressor you dont wanna make them work any harder than you need to... thats just my 2 cents
Old 02-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Gear Jammer
I have my viair system mounted on the frame sideways. if you want i can craw under my truck 2morrow and get some pics. I would do it now but it is 1:40am.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

oh yeah! that would help me out so much! thank you guys a ton! damn. this was driving me crazy today. and how do you hook the in cab switch up to the ignition?
Old 02-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Once you go black......

Send a message via MSN to CanadianDiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Jammer View Post
I have my viair system mounted on the frame sideways. if you want i can craw under my truck 2morrow and get some pics. I would do it now but it is 1:40am.
Sounds good to me man. Eventually I'm getting VIAIR along with air horns, and was wondering how the whole process will come together. Whats the draw for that bad boy
Old 02-01-2009, 09:48 PM
Once you go black......

Quote:
Originally Posted by factoryblack181 View Post
oh yeah! that would help me out so much! thank you guys a ton! damn. this was driving me crazy today. and how do you hook the in cab switch up to the ignition?
Wouldn't it be better on the switch? I'm new to these things though
Old 02-01-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianDiesel View Post
Wouldn't it be better on the switch? I'm new to these things though

I have mine on a switch. They don't draw a whole lot of power. I think i have 14gague wire running back too it. The only reason i have it is for my loud *** train horns.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Once you go black......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear Jammer View Post
I have mine on a switch. They don't draw a whole lot of power. I think i have 14gague wire running back too it. The only reason i have it is for my loud *** train horns.
Nice, that's how I plan to do it
I may also put another air outlet on, for anything from the air tools to just filling up a tire on the go. Can't wait til summer rolls around Many mods planned!
Old 02-01-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianDiesel View Post
I may also put another air outlet on, for anything from the air tools to just filling up a tire on the go.
I have the kit for that. I just been to lazy to go put it on.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:31 PM
OperationSmile.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by factoryblack181 View Post
whats up fellas. i just tried installing my new viair system today and im having troubles finding some places to mount the tank and compressor. does anyone know how or where to place these? i guess the compressor needs to be fairly close to the battery. oh and i dont know how to wire the incab switch to the ignition. posting some pictures on here would help out a ton. PLEASE HELP. need it for next weekend at the dunes
What compressor do you have? You can mount the compressor anywhere you want just make sure that it will be in a dry place. Sucking moisture into those compressor will toast them quickly(Been there done that many times back in my lowrider days.) Make sure that you put your power to the compressor with a fused link. You can use the wire from a car audio install kit from walmart to power it. I would also wire the compressor relay onto a switch. You don't want that compressor sucking your battery dry when you have a leak somewhere and are trying to start your truck on a cold morning. What size tank did you get as well? I would put it either in a tool box in the bed or where the spare tire is if you have the space.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.