Rain, Flashing OD light, No speedometer, blower stays on with no key..... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2014, 02:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rain, Flashing OD light, No speedometer, blower stays on with no key.....

Okay big rain last night, go driving today and 10minute sin the OD light is flashing, truck is shifting fine no problems okay i think maybe something got wet when we hit that big puddle.... after stopping at the destination and leaving no problems for a mile and stop at another place... When we get back in the truck from that place the radio and blower is on but no key, go to drive off and the od light is flashing and no speedometer. Come to find out my dad saw that there was a good bit of water in the floormats this morning when he opened the door, i Googled and found that a leak can drip on the fuse box and cause the blower and radio to stay on.

Is this all related, checked all fuses and they were fine, Finally the radio went off but the blower was still on so i just turned it off. How do i figure out if its something that got wet? If there is a leak how do i fix it?

Suggestions comments solutions all welcome, thank you as always!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2014, 07:08 AM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Sit inside and have someone spray with a water hose, mine started a random leak the day I sold my obs, leaked from the windshield, I bet it dropped on your column went to your fuse box
Old 08-01-2014, 10:58 AM

My windshield leaked really bad when I my truck, down onto the fuse box and everything, luckily it didn't do anything. Mine was leaking from the drivers side upper corner IIRC.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:23 PM

well got the gem and fusebox out looks like some corrosion just slightly on a few of the prongs of the huge blockheads. Gonna let it dry out and probably head to town to get some grease to grease em all up. Of course i had taped my alarm system to the gem and fusebox so had to rip all of those out so gotta re install those may just put em back where they were haha need to clean all those wires up one of these days but for now i just want to get this thing running right cuz then its headed to the body shop.... damn uninsured drivers!

Anyways thats where im at, that thing was a pita to get out lol partly because of the alarm system but got it out. Any method to clean off that corrosion? its down on the bottom of those few prongs, cant hit it with a tooth brush.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:20 PM

Well got the grease and tape for the alarm, gonna finish it up in the morning. May see if i can find the leak, whats it run to get a window re sealed? Or can i hit it with some silicone or some sort of sealant if i find it?

Side not, one weekend im going to be taking the dash and all apart and get those wires cleaned up and organized holy cow is it a mess in there and dirty, had to go to a mirror and pull a piece of dirt out of my eye and contact.

Hope everyone is having a good night!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.