BTS Tranny? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2006, 07:02 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BTS Tranny?

Just curious if anyone on here was running a tranny from Brians Truck shop?? I am looking at a tranny upgrade, to assist in the towing of my race car trailer. Last year 3 guys here locally COOKED, there 4R100 trannys pulling enclosed racecar trailers. I would rather nip that week link in the bud now then be stuck beside the road. My tranny is doing fine now but with 106K on it I know its day is coming closer everytime we pull out. Just kinda wondered what you guys know about the BTS Trannys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2006, 12:07 AM
Serving Our Country!

I know Brian and have been to his new shop. Have one good friend who has a BTS in his late 1999 F-350 CC and it works great. He pulles a large fifth wheel RV about like is pictured behind my truck. They do stand behind there work and all you would have to do is just get on I-40 and 800 miles later you would be there. LOL
Old 12-26-2006, 07:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i just bought a tranny from brians truck shop...i rocks, the service was great. i have an 01 f350, cc 4x4, dp tuner chip, 35" tires, 4" mbrp exhaust, my truck had 132k on it i installed the chip i run the 80hp economy tune my stock tranny puked after 6 hours with the chip...yeah thats right...i drive it like i stole it. lol i installed an 06 tranny cooler alum pan from diesel site that is plain alum and holds 2 quarts more than stock. dont get a pan that holds more trany fluid than that or it will screw up the cycle time on the tranny fluid going thru the cooler. MAKE SURE YOUR INSTALLER PUTS IN 4 GALLONS OF TRANS FLUID BEFORE HITTING THE KEY TO START IT AS PER BRIAN. brain told me they warrany it 100% for 2 years, but if a few years down the road it pukes send it to him and he will fix it for free! cant ask for a better warranty than that, he always takes the time to advise on mods etc. i just ordered a hte turbo kit from him for my truck...cant wait. im making 33lbs of boost with the stck turbo now! after spending a lot of time here and on the diesel stop i have never heard anyone say anything negative about brians truck shop or his transmissions! go for it dude you will be amazed how hard your truck will leave the line and how firm the shifts are! i couldn't be happier and im a hard mofo to please.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

btw brian told me the only thing he uses from your tranny is the case, all the internals are custom hard parts to handle the tq.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:28 AM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You cannot go wrong with BTS. The product is awesome, and the people are even better.

Call and make the appointment, you won't be sorry, while your there have Cale burn a chip for ya to try, you won't want to take it out!
Old 12-28-2006, 03:20 PM
Serving Our Country!

What's mentioned above pretty much sums up my experiences with BTS. Exceptional people, exceptional products and very reasonably priced.
Old 12-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Nuckin' Futz

What kind of prices are we talking about here. What kind of torque and hp can these tranny's hold. Is there an email address or website i can go to to get ahold of him.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to jngreen
Brians Truck Shop
Old 12-28-2006, 06:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbodude View Post
What kind of prices are we talking about here. What kind of torque and hp can these tranny's hold. Is there an email address or website i can go to to get ahold of him.
The tranny is about 3900. Brian warranties it for 2 years no questions asked, unlimited hopsepower and unlimited miles.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:27 PM

Thanks guys for the input. I am thinking of doing the tranny with my tax money I hope.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.