Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

BTS Tranny?

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  powerg 
#1 ·
Just curious if anyone on here was running a tranny from Brians Truck shop?? I am looking at a tranny upgrade, to assist in the towing of my race car trailer. Last year 3 guys here locally COOKED, there 4R100 trannys pulling enclosed racecar trailers. I would rather nip that week link in the bud now then be stuck beside the road. My tranny is doing fine now but with 106K on it I know its day is coming closer everytime we pull out. Just kinda wondered what you guys know about the BTS Trannys. :chicken:

#2 ·
I know Brian and have been to his new shop. Have one good friend who has a BTS in his late 1999 F-350 CC and it works great. He pulles a large fifth wheel RV about like is pictured behind my truck. They do stand behind there work and all you would have to do is just get on I-40 and 800 miles later you would be there. LOL

#3 ·
i just bought a tranny from brians truck shop...i rocks, the service was great. i have an 01 f350, cc 4x4, dp tuner chip, 35" tires, 4" mbrp exhaust, my truck had 132k on it i installed the chip i run the 80hp economy tune my stock tranny puked after 6 hours with the chip...yeah thats right...i drive it like i stole it. lol i installed an 06 tranny cooler alum pan from diesel site that is plain alum and holds 2 quarts more than stock. dont get a pan that holds more trany fluid than that or it will screw up the cycle time on the tranny fluid going thru the cooler. MAKE SURE YOUR INSTALLER PUTS IN 4 GALLONS OF TRANS FLUID BEFORE HITTING THE KEY TO START IT AS PER BRIAN. brain told me they warrany it 100% for 2 years, but if a few years down the road it pukes send it to him and he will fix it for free! cant ask for a better warranty than that, he always takes the time to advise on mods etc. i just ordered a hte turbo kit from him for my truck...cant wait. im making 33lbs of boost with the stck turbo now! after spending a lot of time here and on the diesel stop i have never heard anyone say anything negative about brians truck shop or his transmissions! go for it dude you will be amazed how hard your truck will leave the line and how firm the shifts are! i couldn't be happier and im a hard mofo to please.

#5 ·
You cannot go wrong with BTS. The product is awesome, and the people are even better.

Call and make the appointment, you won't be sorry, while your there have Cale burn a chip for ya to try, you won't want to take it out!

#9 ·
The tranny is about 3900. Brian warranties it for 2 years no questions asked, unlimited hopsepower and unlimited miles.

#12 ·
I am not familiar with Brians. We only have one of our 12 powerstokes here with an automatic. We had the trans rebuilt in that one at 100k miles and had to take it back to the rebuilder 7 more times in the next 50k miles. Finally I installed a crate trans from Ford and have not touched it since, that was 170k miles ago. The truck doesnt have any mods other than a chip (dont ask me which one) and the truck tows just about everything around here including our 25500 gvw goosenecks that our guys overload every chance they get. The trans from Ford was $1700 delivered to the shop. Remember that heat in the antichrist for automatic transmissions. Install the biggest cooler you can find and use synthetic fluid.

#13 ·
Don't count your tranny out yet, I have over 200,000 miles on my 2000 4x4 crewcab, I tow a 14,000 pound boat, with 3;73 gears with the automatic tranny, 315/70/17 tires, it pulls just fine, I have been thinking I am running on borrowed time but it still pulls great, and thats with the superchips tuner set on the tow mode 60h.p, the only other thing I have done for it is I changed the tranny fluid at around 100,000 and put mobil one synthetic in it, I don't know if that has helped its life but I don;t baby it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.