rusty & krusty exhaust pressure sen. switch? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2014, 02:04 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
rusty & krusty exhaust pressure sen. switch?

I've been looking at the forum a lot and all the houw toos as I'm a certified mechanic/fabricator been doin everything slowly on my first personally owned diesel. 03 cclb 7.3 6spd with a forged motor I have a superchips and after playing with it I checked codes and I have the exhaust back pressure sensor circuit code. Well in the proccess of taking it all apart to do the cleaning all the fittings are rusty and the top one on the motor where the sensor is stripped out , the one on the manifold locked up after turning about half a turn or so. Before I go any further is this all necessary and who has the price on parts and do they have a kit with all the fittings and tube with the little plate and bracket that mount on the hoop housing? This motor is so dry everything has rusted. All the metal lines and fittings. it doesn't leak or use a drop of anything which in my case is horrible everything has rusted and become frozen together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You can get a new tube from Autozone for $30. But they call it an EGR tube. I have no idea why since we have no EGR's. Welcome to the diesel world.

Once the Performance bug bites you Ill be here to help control the side effects of the disease. Lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 07-20-2014, 03:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The Ford part # has the same basic # as an egr tube 9d477
I

Power-Struck dot com
Old 07-20-2014, 05:36 AM

Ok great yea I wasn't real worried about getting the tube as I've seen multiple people talking about it and being readily available my concern is where it goes into the manifold and the bracket that tie the tube and sensor together my tube at the top pulled the threads off the bottom of that bracket. The nut at the manifold that hold the tube in locked up and is goin to take brutality to remove so I would need all the pieces that tie the ends together and the bracket at the hpop resivoir . Are those pieces all available through and of the parts stores or dealership or is it a Saturday with my three boys at the treasure yard.
Old 07-20-2014, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucorey View Post
You can get a new tube from Autozone for $30. But they call it an EGR tube. I have no idea why since we have no EGR's. Welcome to the diesel world.

Once the Performance bug bites you Ill be here to help control the side effects of the disease. Lol.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Oh believe me my wife thought since I got rid of my projects and race cars that the bank acc and house would have me in it more. Well I bought a diesel and really am finding I enjoy this much more than all the gas race car truck stuff. I should have done this long ago. The tame but don't push me attitude of the diesel is where it's at you can actually have a stereo and conversation as well as tow the trailer all in the same hot rod no need for multiple vehicles. It's the daily driver and the walk all over the idiot kid in the little Honda car or everyday mustang with a muffler on it. I've never felt more at home !! And my kids love it I've tried to keep the smoke comin out to a minimum cause I can't stand it all over my truck but the kids sure love it. Can you I guess tune these so they don't smoke at all so I don't always have to look like I'm driving down a coal road anytime we play . Its not half as bad as most I've seen but I'd rather it not at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.