Muffler Delete opinion.. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2014, 12:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Muffler Delete opinion..

Hi All,

Been trying to free up money to buy an exhaust but between bills and life its been a no go....

I am assuming that a stock exhaust on a truck is stainless steel...if so a buddy of mine has a welder for that and I was thinking about just doing a muffler delete pipe to free up some exhaust flow on my stock 01 f250 exhaust.

If it is aluminum which I do believe it is I'm stuck cause his welder can't do aluminum...

Thoughts? Any cheap but good sit to buy from...My truck is a 01 crew cab short bed, i know there is different lengths to get ....I am in Tampa Fl now so can't measure until I get home...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2014, 12:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

The Exhaust definitely not aluminum. I'm don't think its Stainless either. If it is it's low grade. You can just weld or clamp a piece of standard 3.5'" exhaust pipe in place of the muffler.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:26 PM

A diamond eye exhaust system only runs $220. Thats from turbo back without muffler. To make things easier just have a muffler shop flair both ends of the delete pipe and clamp it but it's just regular old steel pipe and it going to run $50 plus $20 for clamps.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:43 PM

Just watched a video on youtube of a guy that just used a flex pipe about 30 inches or so....He states its a temp set up but did the job...Any thoughts on that or just go with a muffler delete from a company and if so what company is good?
Old 07-16-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbluke55 View Post
A diamond eye exhaust system only runs $220. Thats from turbo back without muffler. To make things easier just have a muffler shop flair both ends of the delete pipe and clamp it but it's just regular old steel pipe and it going to run $50 plus $20 for clamps.

$50?

NAPA has 3", 3.5" and 4" all at around $5 to $8 a foot. He should hardly need 3 feet.

I bought 6' of 4" for $45 out the door....

Just buy the length you need from NAPA and have your buddy weld it on. simple, effective and cheap.
Old 07-16-2014, 12:59 PM

Flex pipe is a waste of money. I would do the full turbo back from diamond eye or save up tell you can afford it. IMHO spending $50-$70 on a muffler delete and then spend in money on a full exhaust is a waste. Especially when a full exhaust is $250. If you want a delete pipe just go to your local exhaust shop and get it there.
The Following User Says Thank You to sbluke55 For This Useful Post:
700hauler (07-16-2014)
Old 07-16-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarportMechanic View Post
$50?

NAPA has 3", 3.5" and 4" all at around $5 to $8 a foot. He should hardly need 3 feet.

I bought 6' of 4" for $45 out the door....

Just buy the length you need from NAPA and have your buddy weld it on. simple, effective and cheap.

Buddy of mine wanted to delete the cat and muffler for 4" it was $50 but it was also flaired on both ends because nobody had a welder. Plus $10 eeach for clamps.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:15 PM

I understand what your saying with a full exhaust being long run cheaper..but I'm trying to do it cheap way for now and free up some flow...

How long does it usually last and can anyone give me a link for a good website to buy from besides like Amazon or summit racing...I was going to use band clamps as well from walker...

Any help guys much appreciated.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:54 PM
Premium Member

Your local exhaust shop can get it done and have you out the door in less than 30 minutes, and I wouldn't see it costing more than $40.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:59 PM

Biggest thing is most dealerships don't have 3.5 in exhaust piping it's all 3" or less
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.