Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

02 7.3 Injector Turbo combo for work/pull truck

4K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Corey@CNCFAB 
#1 · (Edited)
Just recently picked up a 99 single cab that has an 01 harness and 02 motor Trans. It's my work truck and things bone stock. Looking to pull cattle and do some local pulls. Wondering what's a solid turbo and injector combo to have fun with and everyday drive. Picked up a TS chip to get me to Pismo but when I get back I wana tear into it. Also would I need a new HPOP and LPOP?

#2 ·
You can do all that with stock injectors.
A regular cab truck is so much lighter it's like free horse power.
I would stick to the basics for now, intake, exhaust, gauges, tunes and billet turbo wheel.
Try that and see how it goes

#3 ·
i would do exactly what joel said too.

then if you want more you can start looking for injectors and turbos and on and on.

#4 ·
Naw I want turbo and injectors. 7.3s need add ons for the power I want. Bought DPP 160cc single shot AA. For my dads 97 OBS and has banks turbo. Thing rocks so well see what the new injectors dialed in with custom tuning on my TS chip will do. I want a solid 500 RWH when it's all said and done. Just need some further knowledge on the 7.3 world!

#6 ·
haha and 10-15k when all said and done.

its really only money, so how much do you have to spend.

not to mention the engine you just swapped most likely has pmrs, which 450hp is pretty much their limit. but then who knows they could bust in 2 mile or 200,000 after you put everything in :rofl:

#7 ·
What's PMRS? I bought the truck so the guy prior to me is the one that did all that. I know there's different rods in the newer 7.3's. I just picked up gauges, ordered ARP studs and AirDog II. Have billet and TQ for the Trans just needed knowledge on good turbo and injectors.

Who makes the 38r turbo and what kind of injectors are 230/100? Thanks for all the help guys and I appreciate you telling me to save my money. I just hate stock stuff and love HP maybe one day I'll leave something alone lol

#8 ·
GTP38R is made by Garrett

The injectors that were mentioned above are just the size. Almost any injector company that makes injectors can build this size for you. Choosing the company is personal opinion.

Do some research on here, use the search function and just start reading threads about injectors and turbos. You will learn a lot fast just by searching around and may end up answering your own questions.

Good luck and let us know what you decide to go with.

PMR's = Powdered Metal Rods as opposed to Forged Rods, these are in the earlier models which can take much more abuse.

#9 ·
having pmr's pretty much limits you to running stage 2 injectors which are anything under 200cc.

anything above that is a crap shoot.

return the air dog, you can get the same thing from strictly diesel for 170 bucks.
their pre-pump kit.

just get a fuel rail crossover from riffraff and a better pump

#10 ·
Just call Dyno Proven. Have your credit card handy.
There is no sense asking us when you really just want to throw money at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.