Need some Opinions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LTSmith

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2014, 01:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need some Opinions

So I've been toying around with the idea for awhile now of selling my truck and upgrading to something newer. I obviously want to be fair with the price but not really sure where to start off. Ill give you a quick list of whats on the truck including the good and bad.

Truck is a 2001 F350 SRW short bed XLT model. White in color with cloth interior. Auto tranny with the electronic switch 4x4. Truck currently has 182k miles on it. It has some rock chips on the truck bed behind the rear wheels, a worn sun spot on the hood about the size of a piece of bologna, and the passenger front fender has some ripples in it but you can only notice them if you really take the time and stare at it. Now for the add ons.

5.5" lift (blocks in the rear)
37x12.5 Toyo M/Ts with barely 2k miles on them wrapped around 20x12 Fuel Throttle rims
Entire front clip off of an 07 including the header panel. Painted to match and Harley Lights. (HID bulbs)
Rear bumper, taillights, and tailgate off of a 2014 (also painted to match)
Custom Black Ford Emblems
Tony Wildman tunes
5inch straight pipe
6637 air filter (new one ordered to replace the current one)
Double Din JVC deck, Kenwood Speakers, and Sundown Audio SA-12 sub in ported box behind the rear seat with Hifonics Brutuz 1600w amp
Tinted Windows
Glowshift Gauges
Viper Alarm with remote start waiting to be installed (as well as reverse cam)
Tow package with drop hitch

I think thats it for the most part. Has power driver seat, power windows, locks, cruise control, basically the main things. Interior looks brand new with no rips, tears, stains, I try to keep the truck looking new all the time and always baby it.

Im located in Northern California (Bay Area), so hopefully some cali boys can help out with this but Id love input from everyone. I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow. Let me know what you guys think!!! Thanks in advance!! Don't worry, Im staying with Ford if I upgrade haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2014, 01:38 AM
Premium Member

Blue Books for 11,xxx, I would put it up for 16xxx and haggle from there. Check the local area and see what your class truck is going for that way you can get a comparison.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:54 AM

I'd say post it around 15-16k or post it up north and be willing to drive and you might be able to get more for it
Old 07-09-2014, 11:57 AM

Thats my issue right now. The asking prices are so over the place. Most of the 7.3s around here are beat up and have over 200k miles and they ask anywhere from 8k up to like 17k. And then the lower mileage trucks that are kind of done up with around 130k go for anywhere from 13-23k. Its just so over the place. And Im not sure which trucks are selling for what either.
Attached Thumbnails
Need some Opinions-20140510_133045.jpg   Need some Opinions-20140510_135651.jpg  
Old 07-10-2014, 12:53 AM
Premium Member

Well, than you need to show yours is not beat up. Focus on the upgrades and low mileage. If that is what is driving the prices up, than exploit yours. The best thing you can do is think; What do you want for the truck? How much would you pay? How much do you need to receive from it for the upgrade? Than just jump in and post it up, the longer you wait the less you'll get for it.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:28 PM

Easiest way to find out what they are actually selling for is to search Ebay for that make/model/year and search only completed listings. You can further narrow it down to the sold items and see what sold and for how much. Compare what sold with what didn't to see if you notice a trend of asking prices, upgrades, descriptions, etc and tailor your ad to match the successes.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Premium Member

I have been watching the bay area sac and reno craigslist pretty closely and you are right they are anywhere from 5k to 19 k
your looks real nice and IF i had to sell it I would ask my self what I honestly would be willing to part with it for?
you have put a lot of love and time and MONEY into that thing for it to look as nice as it does. Figure out what would make you feel good about losing it and starting over and ask just above that and take no less.
never sell a truck like you HAVE to sell it, and make sure if you WANT to sell you get what YOU WANT for it.
just my .02
OR you could donate it to me for no good reason
Old 07-10-2014, 02:07 PM

Hahaha. John you'll have to go to the back of the line if you want the truck donated to you haha. I have a long list of people wanting my truck. But I see what you guys are saying. Ill definitely take a look at ebay and see what they're going for. But that is a good point, I have a decent amount of money and certainly plenty of time invested in this haha. I think I have a number in mind and if I don't sell it for that I guess ill just dump more money into and make it one hell of a badass DD. I already have all the parts picked and sourced but the newer models are just so nice haha. Thanks for the input guys, as always I appreciate it! If you have any more comments feel free to share!
john galt likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.