Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Gut pedestal or buy blank??

5K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  joebuck 
#1 ·
Ok so removed my up pipes(what a PITA) want to delete my EBPV set up,with that being said should I gut my stock pedestal or buy a blank from riff raff for $114??? Also is there anything else I need to do for the ebpv delete??? I already have removed the valve from the housing on the turbo it has a freeze plug on one end and the bolt welded on the other,any plugs for any sensors associated with the ebpv????? Just want to make sure I don't miss/mess anything up while doing this delete,I really don't wanna lay on this motor for hours any time soon,lol,Any help is greatly appreciated thnx!!!

#2 ·
I know when I get around to mine soon (as the leak is getting old) I will get the blank pedestal and outlet. Little more money but IMO its the better way to go, again if money is not a huge deal.

I did call Clay the other week and his were back ordered from Garrett but could show up anytime.

#3 ·
Ya I saw riff raff had them for $114 and I need a turbo rebuild kit and new O rings for the pedestal anyways so was waying out my odds

#4 ·
Comes down to how much is your time worth? Have it swap it done, or remove, "adjust", install, done :dunno:

#5 ·
I just replaced mine last week with a blank pedestal and high flow outlet. I had to replace my up-pipe gaskets so I deleted the ebpv while I was in there (yes its quite a pain the first time) I went with the blank pedestal for cleanliness and the outlet for performance.

If you leave the evbp plug disconnected it will throw a soft code which I believe is harmless. Riffraff sells a plug adapter for 38 bucks that has a resistor which tricks the truck into thinking the valve is still hooked up. I think you can buy a resistor yourself for under $5, I just dont know the details on which one to buy.

#6 ·
Who's outlet did you go with?
Link please.

#8 ·
its really just up to you.
i like the clean look of a blank pedestal.
there is a video in the tech files on how to plug the pedestal with a bolt.

go with a 360 thrust rebuild kit over stock.

barder turbo sells them or check ebay

#9 ·
If you search around you will discover how the EBPV works and how the oil passeges flow.

the "gutting" of the ebpv isn't hard, I used a 1/4" pipe tap and plug in lieu of a bolt.

the same tap / plug combination is used to block off the evpb actuator rod when gutting the pedestal, it seals off the return oil system. disconnecting the evpb pedestal connector prevents oil from going into the ebpv valve in the first place.

Your choice.. depending if you have the tap and skills.. if you dont have a tap or dont like doing that kind of stuff I'd say get a new pedestal.

#10 ·
Thnx for all the replies,I ended up buying a blank from riff raff,figured I can gut mine down the road and sell to a couple buddy's that are gonna need to swap out up pipes soon as well or keep as back up/spare,thnx again always appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.