Dealerships and warranty work - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 02:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dealerships and warranty work

Took my truck into Ford to get a new tranny for it, I have a 3 year 75K mile warranty and tranny started slipping real bad last week, it also got louder like the converter is coming apart. I put the tranny in 13 months ago, put the DP in 3 weeks ago I told the service manager what it is acting like and he agrees that tranny is shot, not to worry we will have a new tranny in it by Wed., told him that I'll install it not going to pay Ford $1000 to do it, he said "don't worry, your getting hooked up" COOL! I get a phone call today, service manager sais " your truck is ready, it wasn't your tranny, computer was throwing codes- glow plug module, couple glow plugs need to be replaced, serpentine belt (which I replaced 4 weeks ago) and tensioner needs replacing also", so I asked him if that is the reason for the tranny slipping? "YEAH, if you replace all these little things then your truck will run great!" I pause, asked him to explain how all these things make the truck sound like it has 7 gears in it, why is the truck hunting for gears on flat roads at 45 mph, he pauses, before he could answer I asked him if the TC is suppose to be that noisy? He reply'd, I'll call you back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2009, 02:49 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Old 01-20-2009, 03:00 PM

hahahaah omg i cant believe he told you that but just a quick ? was your o/d deal flashing
Old 01-20-2009, 03:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldieStroker944 View Post
hahahaah omg i cant believe he told you that but just a quick ? was your o/d deal flashing
No..............
Old 01-20-2009, 06:57 PM

Subscribed
Old 01-20-2009, 07:15 PM

You were probably just out of wiper fluid.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beisel1111 View Post
You were probably just out of wiper fluid.
or blinker fluid.

Maybe they can replace the points, cap, and rotor while they're at it.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason812 View Post
or blinker fluid.

Maybe they can replace the points, cap, and rotor while they're at it.
you forgot about the spark plugs
Old 01-21-2009, 05:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Can't wait for my phone call today, I know he is going to tell me that we can't find anything wrong with the tranny. So I'm going to have to pull off a job early and go take the tech for a drive, remember, I'm suppose to have a new tranny installed by today, don't think that is happening
Old 01-22-2009, 10:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Update

After a few more phone calls this week of "drivability issues" from the service manager, got a call from him today. "Well, we can't figure it out, we put it on the computer and get these codes, so I don't think the tranny is hurt" I reply with "has anybody driven the truck yet?" "No, the computer hasn't brought up a tranny issue so I am going to have someone bring you the truck, don't worry, we are issured to drive it, hahaha" "I need to get this truck of the lot, we have alot of warranty work to et done on other vehicle" WTF!!!!! I reply, "I know the tranny is shot, I'm not one of those guys that brings something to a garage let alone a dealership, but it is under warranty, so I'm not going to spend my time and money to pull the dead tranny and go buy a new one!" "have a tech guy deliver it to my house and I will take him for a ride so he can feel a 4R100 slip shift 7 times to get to 4th gear, if the noise of the TC doesn't kill him first!" him, "OK OK, sorry we can't figure it out, he'll be there in 30 mins". That was 2pm, 5pm I call Ford and ask where is my truck, " , it was being delivered?" New service guy gets on the phone and asks wants wrong, other service guy hasn't been feeling good, been going home early all week. "Your truck is still sitting here, paperwork is not done, I'll have so and so take a look at it in the morning, sorry for the inconvience, here is the head guys name and number, we'll get this taken care of"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.