Converting L shaped Steel transfer to Auxillary - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 07-02-2014, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Converting L shaped Steel transfer to Auxillary

I have an L shaped steel transfer tank that I would like to drill and weld a 3/8 inch nipple with shut off to make it a combo Transfer/ auxillary tank for long trips to Fla. so my lazy a$$ would not have to stop to fill up.
I do not run veggie oil which I know will eat up the epoxy liner in the tank. Is this doable or is there something else I am missing, possibly an additional vent in the top (the fuel filler cap is vented)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-02-2014, 04:42 PM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
May want to vent the transfer tank so it flows properly into the regular tank, you should be good other then that

-Kris-
2000 excursion V10 2wd 230k
2000 Excursion 7.3 4x4 246k
1995 CCLB DRW 324K
2001 CCLB DRW 319K
Dp tuner infinity, exhaust, intake, chipped, tricked, and wrecked
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine5811
The stock downpipe in an OBS is flat because I'm a ginger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alberta 7.3
Finding a decent woman is like shopping for a used truck. You spend most of your time picking through the money pits, wrecks, and basket cases until you find one that you can tolerate
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFLASH
Well at least you caught the loose bolts before they cause any damage. Nothing worse than a sloppy hole
post #3 of 6 Old 07-02-2014, 10:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Garage
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Most caps for those tanks are vented for pressure and suction. Do you plan on running it straight to the pump and use a selector switch like an obs or do you plan feeding your you primary tank?

01 f-250, Standard
Rev tech 4" lift,37" military wrangler Mt tires
KC diy 66, Full force 160/100 and custom tunes from PHP
Banks inner cooler and full 4" exhaust, Diy S&B intake
Diy quad feed, Hydra, Isspro boost, pyro, and fuel pressure
3/0 battery cables with military style terminals

post #4 of 6 Old 07-05-2014, 09:57 AM
Serving Our Country!

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
this is my setup

going to order a 12v electric valve soon so i can open and close it in the cab.

just brazed a fitting into the filler neck and connected my hose, if i forget to close the aux tank it just backs up behind the cap and stays in the tank vs the ground if you use the vent tube.

just a basic gravity feed setup, all i run is the factory deezee vented cap

2002 F250 7.3/JW Tow master 4r100 206k miles
Mods:explorer heater valve, WR GP relay, RiffRAff boots, lariat overhead console, Hydra chip, 6637 mod, 6.0 cooler, AIH delete and isspro2 trans, egt, and boost gauges. 92 gallon aux tank with a total capacity of 130gallons, 1800 mile range
, 4" MBRP straight Piped. 2" Warrior shackles

Last edited by alaskan155; 07-05-2014 at 10:02 AM.
post #5 of 6 Old 07-06-2014, 07:43 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My plan was to gravity feed into my filler hose like Alaskan has done, If I do that will I have to add a separate vent to the L transfer tank? If I leave the valve open all of the time will I experience spillage?
post #6 of 6 Old 07-06-2014, 07:50 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokerta View Post
My plan was to gravity feed into my filler hose like Alaskan has done, If I do that will I have to add a separate vent to the L transfer tank? If I leave the valve open all of the time will I experience spillage?

no the vent-able cap works fine, you can leave it open all the time but i don't recommend it, the fuel cap wasn't designed to have fuel constantly push up against it. i have accidentally left mine open a few times now and it doesn't leak out with my setup.

2002 F250 7.3/JW Tow master 4r100 206k miles
Mods:explorer heater valve, WR GP relay, RiffRAff boots, lariat overhead console, Hydra chip, 6637 mod, 6.0 cooler, AIH delete and isspro2 trans, egt, and boost gauges. 92 gallon aux tank with a total capacity of 130gallons, 1800 mile range
, 4" MBRP straight Piped. 2" Warrior shackles

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode