Riffraff high flow cvd fitting - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Please Visit our Site Sponsors
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 07:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Riffraff high flow cvd fitting

Has anybody heard of the riffraff high flow cvd fitting? I just saw it there on the website. Seems like a quick, cool little mod to increase fuel flow. It replaces the stock check valve. Anybody have experience with this? And, where is the check valve I'd be removing? Just wondering how easy or difficult access may be. Usually they have pretty clear instructions on their website but, I didn't see any for this mod. - thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2015, 09:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Most people remove and drill out the fitting, this just basically costs you the extra 30$, but for the peace of mind you have a new fitting with no chance of shavings falling into the fuel rail. Not necessary but a nice touch if you have Stage II&III injectors.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

they provide a little better throttle response. didn't notice much of anything else, but its nice knowing there is a little less restriction.

you don't have to drill out the stock fittings. you just take a snap ring out and the guts come out. but I like just buying new fittings that are ready to go.

use some locktite on the part that threads into the heads.

they aren't terribly difficult to install. the front fitting is more difficult. its easier if you take off the alternator and use along wrench and angle it just right.

then for the rear fitting reach under the turbo pedestal with a wrench to loosen the back fitting.
Old 01-13-2015, 06:12 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yup, save your money. tiny little snap ring that holds the guts together. I have bunches of old ones laying in my fittings bin.
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What state or province do you live in?
Security Question
*Required, this field is not shown to others. Enter the last two characters of the word "Powerstroke"
Security Question #2
*Required, this field is not shown to others. "While balancing on a piece of wood, two inches by four inches known as a 2x4, john and his friend sally both spotted a dalmatian inside a truck with sirens, headed to put out a fire. State the animal mentioned in the sentence above."
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.