Got Pulled Today for Offroad Diesel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2009, 11:19 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Got Pulled Today for Offroad Diesel

Thought y'all might like to know about this.
I got pulled today by two State Troopers!! I saw them on a side street so as I approached I grabbed my seat belt, as I don't normally wear it due to medical reasons, as soon as I pass they pull out behind me. There is a car between us and we are on a two lane road, the car between us slows way down to make a left turn into a driveway, probably thought they were going to pull them over, so i keep going. As soon as the car turns in I am looking in my mirror and see them nail it. I turn into the parking lot where I was going and here they come lights on the whole bit!! I know they didn't see me grab my seat belt so I figure I am finally getting nailed for my Limo black windows!! I get my license, registration, insurance and my CCW permit ready, and the two female troopers get out of the car and approach the truck. Very nicely they introduce themselves and I proceed to hand them my paperwork. She says " we don't need that just yet, we want to check your fuel tank for Off Road diesel" I couldn't believe it!! I have seen them at the cattle auctions dipping tanks, but I have never heard of them pulling anyone over for it. So while the one trooper tried for 10 min to fish the straw into my tank I am chatting with the other one. She says that's all they do all day long is pull over diesels and dip their tanks!! She said it got real bad back when diesel almost hit $5.00 per gallon, so they started this task force. She said it is going on all over the state. She said they nail anywhere from 3-5 per day on average. She also said the fine for the first offense means more to the state of NC than 100 tickets!! I know it is a major fine, but had no idea it was that big!! They finished and thanked me for my time, told me I had a beautiful truck, no mention about my windows either. So I just thought y'all might like to know. I hope none of y'all are running off road diesel in your trucks!!
See Ya
Kevin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2009, 11:23 AM
What u talkin bout willis

Send a message via AIM to REDPOWERSMOKER Send a message via Yahoo to REDPOWERSMOKER
I REFUSE TO RUN IT FOR THAT REASON THEY ALWAYS ARE DIPPIN TANKS HERE
Compression Ignition Addict

Hmmmm....They don't need probable cause to pull you over? Sounds fishy to me...
The Flying Fynn

Thats got to be entrapment. where is the probable cause. I dont think owning a diesel is cause to be pulled over for a very specific crime.

I really cant believe what this country is coming too.

All any wants is to ticket you and tell you you cant do something or go somewhere.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:26 AM
Ole White

Man wasn't expecting this from the story man they're really cracking down on the red fuel it isn't worth the fine to run it to me

I don't run it but I know alot of ppl that do I have never had my tank dipped that I know of but still its not worth it
What u talkin bout willis

Send a message via AIM to REDPOWERSMOKER Send a message via Yahoo to REDPOWERSMOKER
UH AS FAR AS I KNOW IF YOUR IN A DIESEL THEY CAN PULL YOU OVER AND CHECK YOU FOR OFF-ROAD DIESEL THATS WHY THEY DIDNT ASK FOR LISCENCE AND INSURANCE. THE WHOLE BIT BUT IF THEY FOUND SOMETHING IN THE TANK THAT IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE THERE THEN BOOM LISENCE AND REGISTRATION
Old 01-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Damn thats crazy.....
Old 01-15-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDPOWERSMOKER View Post
UH AS FAR AS I KNOW IF YOUR IN A DIESEL THEY CAN PULL YOU OVER AND CHECK YOU FOR OFF-ROAD DIESEL THATS WHY THEY DIDNT ASK FOR LISCENCE AND INSURANCE. THE WHOLE BIT BUT IF THEY FOUND SOMETHING IN THE TANK THAT IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE THERE THEN BOOM LISENCE AND REGISTRATION
Sounds like discrimination to me. With this logic all diesel owners are criminals...
Old 01-15-2009, 11:32 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

PC can be as simple as they saw me swerve and were checking to see if I was under the influence. They did ask me for permission to dip it, of course if you ain't guilty, you won't say NO. Not sure what would have happened if I would have said NO, but I can promise you it wouldn't be worth it. There use to be a much larger spread between Off road diesel and street fuel, this made it tempting to many folks. However in the past year and half or so I have seen the difference in price shrink to about .50 per gallon. For $20 per tank it sure ain't worth it to me!!!

NCH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.