Beware of Progressive insurance - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2009, 05:37 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Beware of Progressive insurance

I am not sure if this will be deleted or not but here it goes. I am warning people about the way Progressive has been treating me as a customer of many years. My one and only claim was just made recently after a limb fell on my 2003 F-350 during an ice storm. I contacted Progressive to get my left front fender and left mirror fixed from damage from the limb. The first adjuster said there was only about $700 of damage which I thought was very low for what needs to be done. The first check cut to me also had the old lien holders name on the check so I could not even cash it. I then brought my truck to a very good local auto body shop to get fixed. I received a phone call after Progressive looked at the truck a second time and was told that it was going to cost me $1000 instead of the $500 of my deductible. They then cut me an other check and closed my claim with out notifying me. I had to send an e-mail to a manager to get the original check straightened out and after talking to four different adjusters, managers, and supervisors I have been told they will not cover the other $500 to get my truck back. I am now in the process of filing a claim against Progressive with the state of Conneticut. Sorry about the long post but I just want to warn fellow Powerstrokers about the way Progressive has treated one of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

sounds pretty dirty. I havent heard much feedback on them but i did have a quote with them. good to know. thanks
Old 01-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Im sorry to hear that. Progressive treated me like a King when I got rear ended, but maybe that was because I was in a Duramax
Old 01-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I've had Progressive for many years and have never had a problem. They've always treated me well. Never had to file a claim on the truck though.....
Old 01-13-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelongbed View Post
I've had Progressive for many years and have never had a problem. They've always treated me well. Never had to file a claim on the truck though.....
That is also the way I felt until now.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Ole White

man that sucks but is good to know hope you get it all sorted out
Old 01-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Does your homeowners policy cover falling trees and branches? Mine does or else I would have a different Insurance Comp.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Bring On The Snow

Send a message via AIM to SuperDutyPSD6L
A guy backed into my truck and messed up the front bumper and he had progressive. They were very cheap on fixing it and wanted the bodyshop to repair everything instead of replacing. They paid a total of 850 for the repair when the body shop quoted me 1300 to get new OEM everything. Needless to say the bumper still does not fit right and it is very upseting. Now i am trying to make them fix it. The guys deductible was 750 so the insurance company paid a whole 100 and the only new piece i got was an aftermarket headlight cuz they would not pay for OEM. Since then we have taken our boat off progressive so they could not have any of our money. Thankfully the boat was the only thing we had insured through them. The body shop also told me that they have the worst luck with progressive and that they are the mosy cut corner cheap pay ot insurance company out there. Just my 2 cents for yall.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by choctaw View Post
Does your homeowners policy cover falling trees and branches? Mine does or else I would have a different Insurance Comp.
No. We had a seperate claim for that and were treated very well from the other insurance co.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Raging Lunatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003f350 View Post
No. We had a seperate claim for that and were treated very well from the other insurance co.
Mine covers all that is damaged from the fallen tree.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.