SUSPENSION LIFT rear springs vs. rear blocks? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 06:14 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SUSPENSION LIFT rear springs vs. rear blocks?

What is the pros vs cons of a suspension lift with rear springs vs. rear blocks? Anyone used both and can give me some info? Thanks for all help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by commosmart1 View Post
What is the pros vs cons of a suspension lift with rear springs vs. rear blocks? Anyone used both and can give me some info? Thanks for all help
it all depends on how big the block is...

you dont want to stack blocks or have a big block like a 5" block... but those are usually on large lifts in the 8"+...

replacement springs will usualy give you a better ride quality and less axle wrap... but both will give a lil axle wrap which is why you see trucks with traction bars...

hope this helps

-Raul
Old 01-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Totally agree with above post. I wouldnt go over 4" with blocks in the rear. not to say you cant but just from prior experience, you dont want a block spitting out on you going down the highway...not cool. Plus the axle wrap and pinion stress under loads goes way up with blocks. You can also look into re-curving and adding a leaf or two to your packs. I have about 6" of lift on my OBS with no blocks on the stock(kind of) rear packs. I had them re-curved for 100 bucks, added some leaves and ditched the overloads. That, combined with a shakle flip that i made gave me plenty of lift. Rides a little rough but its still a 1 ton+ too.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
new leafs (good ones) can give u a softer ride, but you lose some payload capabilities that the stock ones have. blocks will def get in the axle wrap issues, not so much with replacement springs. really depends on how you will use the truck.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

nothing for me to add because i agree with the above posts.

speaking of stacking blocks...this truck i bought a couple of months ago has stacked rear blocks. its a '00 350 with a 6.5" pro comp on it. it looks to me as if the block is the factory block (approximately 3 3/4" tall). the previous owner did not like the look of the truck that way so he fabbed up a block almost 1.5" thick and put between the factory block and the spring pack. i will not leave it like this. atleast he did right by notching out centering pin holes in the block he fabbed up.

i think he ordered the rear spring pack on this kit (which im happy about) as opposed to a rear block kit. just gotta get it off of there...nonetheless, its a violation of lift laws not to mention the possibility of something bad happening.

not to hi-jack...but this is not worth starting a new thread over. but, the 3 3/4" block that is on there on each side has some kind of piece coming off of it on the side facing towards the center of the truck. it is actually part of the block and looks normal. raul, you or anybody tell me was this for the factory bump stop or anything and does a 3 3/4" block sound like factory stuff on an f350???

anyways...i would go new spring pack versus block lift if money permitted.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by traxshin View Post
not to hi-jack...but this is not worth starting a new thread over. but, the 3 3/4" block that is on there on each side has some kind of piece coming off of it on the side facing towards the center of the truck. it is actually part of the block and looks normal. raul, you or anybody tell me was this for the factory bump stop or anything and does a 3 3/4" block sound like factory stuff on an f350???

anyways...i would go new spring pack versus block lift if money permitted.
It was the factory bump stop, i cut mine off just so it didnt look strange, then i gave them to my buddy for his 03 to level it off after his lift.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmy22 View Post
It was the factory bump stop, i cut mine off just so it didnt look strange, then i gave them to my buddy for his 03 to level it off after his lift.
ok, thanks man. im pretty confident now mine has a new spring pack in the back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.