Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Little work on the Tow Rig.

1K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  19558077 
#1 · (Edited)

About 3-4 Months ago I got myself a new tow rig. 99 F250 With around 195k on the ticker. I knew it had a slight oil leak but nothing to terrible so I never thought to do anything about it. About 2 months ago I had the cam sensor take a **** , and got the dealer to replace it under recall. About 3 week ago I pulled out of my driveway , and snapped the steering box sector shaft.

I got that fixed , and started to notice a power steering leak, and some more oil leaking. Last week I had the cam sensor go again , and my abs light is on , and I have no spedo. I still need to figure that out but I have other stuff on my plate first. I got some new Tires for it , and it looks a hella lot better than the bald ones on it did. Got some 315/75/16 Cooper STT's. They are great , and I am very happy with them. The next day ,
I wound up spending 7 hours at the Parking lot at Home Depot In Frankfort/ The eventual solution was pull k5 off trailer , and pull ford on trailer with k5.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Well the oil leak got worse , and worse , and I lost 7-8 Quarts in a month so It was time to Fix that. It also doesn't like Cold weather so I wanted to look into that. Anyways the top of the engine is tore apart , and I am waiting on parts for all the seals. Replacing anything , and everything that will leak.

So Far -
Turbo Pedestal O ring set (With New Bolts)
High Pressure Oil Pump O ring set (With O ring for the Plug)
High Pressure Oil Seal (Pump to block)
High Pressure Oil Reservoir to block o ring.
Injection Pressure Regulator O ring
High Pressure Oil Rail Plug O rings.

- Glow Plug Relay , and I have 6 Bad Glow plugs so I am putting 8 Glow plug in it.

Hopefully that helps.. Well now I am just waiting on parts

#3 ·

yea these trucks arn't the lightests vehicles i dont think your trailer liked it too much

#5 ·
WOW! I feel your pain though. Good luck with the fix. Good pics too!

#8 ·
The speedo problem is probably the VSS on the rear pumpkin, $30 and 10 min to fix. If it threw a code check them. Not sure why you tore the top of the engine apart, my bet is you simply had a bad O ring in the HPOP line. And what in the H*** are you doing to your turbo in that one pic near the bottom,lol!!!! Anyway hope you get her fixed up.

NCH

#10 ·
I had the no speedo and ABS problem. It was the VSS in the rear i could only find it at dealer.:thumb: Nice pics

#11 ·
Any idea which o ring is leaking? or are they all leaking and a little + a little + a little more = a crap load! mine is leaking a little but getting worse and I have all the rings just too lazy to pull the turbo!

#12 ·
there were a few leaks actually the high press lines into the pump seemed to be one of the only dry spots, we figured might as well replace all seals while we were tearing apart

#13 ·
the abs sensor on the rear diff was replaced and still no speedo, theres a sensor on the trans but it seems that we must get that from ford

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.