Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

trannys 6.0&7.3 swap?

964 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Eric B 
#1 ·
i have not looked but will the trans from a 6.0 fit a 7.3?are the bell housing the same so you could up grade to the 5speed? just wondering if any body has done this and could it be done

#3 ·
the beauty of the 7.3 is it was used in International medium duty trucks that could come with Allison tranny's. You may have a hard time finding one, though. I don't know how hard it would be to make it fit.

Not sure on 7.3 swaping for 6.0.

#6 ·
That's a good question I don't know if the bolt pattern is the same on the 5R110 is the same as the 4R100 I have never checked, but i do know the electronics are different. Now as far as a Allison transmissions they have been putting them behind the 7.3 for a long time now in the F650 and F750 trucks.
I seen a Bell housing kit with stand alone computer for installing a Allison1000 4 Speed transmission in a ford F250 F350 a while back. The medium duty ford trucks came with your choice of engines anywhere form Cat's too The Cummings ISB and the old faithful powerstroke, They are 3 or 4 automatics and 3 or 4 manual tranny too choise from as well. I hope this was helpful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.