High Mileage but a good deal? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
High Mileage but a good deal?

Hey guys Im new on here.Looks like a good site! I used to have a 1992 F250 IDI with a Banks Turbo,Injectors,Pump turned up and a shift kit in the E40D. It could keep up with a 03 stock D-Max. Also had 231,000 on it when I sold it(regret it). What do you guys think about this stroker... It seems like its in good shape BUT the mileage is REALLY high. I know a little bit about the strokers but I have only messed with the older IDI's. Are the strokers really that good to last 400,000? That DP tuner looks good for these. This price is unbeatable. Im only 18 so I am limited on price. Would you guys go for this or pass it up?I love Reg cabs and White!
eBay Motors: Ford : F-250 (item 160307436352 end time Jan-06-09 16:58:20 PST)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I don't know about 450K miles. To me it seems like the seller is trying to hide something. He says it would pass as a 150K truck way to many times, it just seems odd to me.

If it was me, I would wait and try to find a lower mileage truck. You know how it goes, as soon as you buy a truck, one in better condition with lower miles shoes up practically next door.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:22 PM

just wanted to say . also the 7.3 that motor will run for ever
Old 01-01-2009, 04:36 PM

Thanks for the welcome!
91 1st Gen. I know it goes. I was out for a powerstroke when I bought my IDI and not even a week after I got my IDI one popped up. Reg Cab too! I was hot! I mean I know the powerstrokes atleast the 7.3 will last a long time( not bashing the 6.0 just have had too many friends have bad luck with them). I mean how much would a rebuild for a 7.3 cost somewhere around the $3-4000 range? The body is clean and it looks decent for the year and mileage. But the mileage is real high!
Thanks for the input guys!
Old 01-01-2009, 04:40 PM

not realy shure how much a used motor would go for but i bet that truck still has 100k left in her if not more
Old 01-01-2009, 04:43 PM

I expect it to go eventually. I mean generally speaking that truck has lasted a long time! Obviously someone has done something right to keep it going that long so whose to say it wouldnt last more? I dont expect it to last long but if it gets me back and forth to work for another 6 months awesome!
Thanks guys!
Old 01-01-2009, 05:07 PM

if i had the money i would buy it.i think its a good deal.good luck
Old 01-02-2009, 08:44 AM

Fordboy, that ebay listing seems like a "fair" deal. If you're really shopping, try looking up here in the northwest. Sadly, with the economy going down and diesel selling high, there's quite a few trucks around for sale. At one time Texas seemed to have a surplus of trucks also. Welcome and good luck on your search

Btw, I got my '92 CTD for $1500 (had a bad o.d. unit) Loved that truck but traded it. got my '99 PSD for $3500 (what I was asking for the CTD) It's uglier than sin but is proving it's worth Call the logging companies in the northwest and check gov't surplus auctions.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:20 PM

Thanks for the advice. I mean KBB booked it at $8300 and the truck is pretty nice for me. Im not looking to pull the crap out of it or anything. Maybe race every once in a while but who doesnt?? Is the TW chip better than the TS? My friend has a f250 5SPD with TS and its pretty quick but ive heard good thing about the TW chip and that DP tuner seems cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.